Solved

Is pre applied thermal paste on cpu coolers good enough

I'm just wondering if the pre applied thermal paste on an aftermarket cpu cooler is good enough?
This is the one I'm getting:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134
Also, is it bad to put thermal paster over pre applied thermal paste or do I have to remove the pre applied thermal paste? I don't plan on overclocking either so would I just be fine with amd stock cpu cooler?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about pre applied thermal paste cpu coolers good
  1. Aftermarket cooler is better than stock one. You can use the supplied thermal paste with that cooler and be fine.
  2. The pre-applied thermal paste is good. You don't need to apply a different thermal paste.
    It is not good to apply thermal paste on top of a pre-applied one.

    Hope that helps
  3. thanks,what about the amd stock cpu cooler? Would that be good enough because I don't plan on overclocking and If I can I'll just stick with that stock cooler to save a little money.
  4. seth rause said:
    thanks,what about the amd stock cpu cooler? Would that be good enough because I don't plan on overclocking and If I can I'll just stick with that stock cooler to save a little money.




    It will be perfect :D
  5. Depends on the stock cooler in question. The all aluminum ones suck big time. The ones with the copper heat pipes are better, but can be noisy.
  6. logainofhades said:
    Aftermarket cooler is better than stock one. You can use the supplied thermal paste with that cooler and be fine.


    logainofhades said:
    Depends on the stock cooler in question. The all aluminum ones suck big time. The ones with the copper heat pipes are better, but can be noisy.


    what about this cpu? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113286 Would you know if this one comes with a good cooler?
  7. Best answer
    That one does not. For the price of the FX 6300 and that aftermarket cooler, you could almost get an FX 8320. :D

    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009O7YU56/?tag=pcpapi-20


  8. It will be perfect :D

    Ok, but I'll just get the aftermarket one just to be safe.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cooling Thermal Compound CPUs