Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is my PSU enough?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 14, 2014 12:41:08 PM

Hi all, sorry, I am new to this forum business. But I just built my first PC. And I am wondering if it is enough. It is a Thermaltake 500W and my major concern is with the GPU that I bought. The specs say the min is 500w. So I am trying to make sure that I am not going to mess other components up. Id like to think I have quite a few things that need power in the build. Responses are appreciated. My rig setup is below. Thank you.

EDIT: I dont plan on doing much overclocking, i see no reason really. The performance is solid on default settings.

-Gigabyte b85m-hd3 mobo
-Intel i5
-Thermaltake 500W
-16GB of DDR3/1600 RAM Corsair Vengeance
-XFX R9 270X Double D Radeon GPU
-Samsung 128GB SSD
-1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD

I think thats all? Thanks again.

More about : psu

February 14, 2014 12:46:08 PM

spotieotie said:
Hi all, sorry, I am new to this forum business. But I just built my first PC. And I am wondering if it is enough. It is a Thermaltake 500W and my major concern is with the GPU that I bought. The specs say the min is 500w. So I am trying to make sure that I am not going to mess other components up. Id like to think I have quite a few things that need power in the build. Responses are appreciated. My rig setup is below. Thank you.

EDIT: I dont plan on doing much overclocking, i see no reason really. The performance is solid on default settings.

-Gigabyte b85m-hd3 mobo
-Intel i5
-Thermaltake 500W
-16GB of DDR3/1600 RAM Corsair Vengeance
-XFX R9 270X Double D Radeon GPU
-Samsung 128GB SSD
-1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD

I think thats all? Thanks again.


which thermaltake do you have?

Best solution

February 14, 2014 12:46:19 PM
Share

500w is more then what you need.
Try for yourself: http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/
Related resources
February 14, 2014 12:49:19 PM

chris987 said:
spotieotie said:
Hi all, sorry, I am new to this forum business. But I just built my first PC. And I am wondering if it is enough. It is a Thermaltake 500W and my major concern is with the GPU that I bought. The specs say the min is 500w. So I am trying to make sure that I am not going to mess other components up. Id like to think I have quite a few things that need power in the build. Responses are appreciated. My rig setup is below. Thank you.

EDIT: I dont plan on doing much overclocking, i see no reason really. The performance is solid on default settings.

-Gigabyte b85m-hd3 mobo
-Intel i5
-Thermaltake 500W
-16GB of DDR3/1600 RAM Corsair Vengeance
-XFX R9 270X Double D Radeon GPU
-Samsung 128GB SSD
-1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD

I think thats all? Thanks again.


which thermaltake do you have?



I have this one, not the best but I think it would get the job done with maybe an upgrade later on?

http://www.microcenter.com/product/365237/TR2_Series_50...
February 14, 2014 12:51:03 PM

dashboy1998 said:
500w is more then what you need.
Try for yourself: http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/


Ok, I figured as much. Just wanted to get the opinion of some like minded people. I appreciate the response. This website is GREAT.
February 14, 2014 12:53:00 PM

dashboy1998 said:
500w is more then what you need.
Try for yourself: http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/


Do you think it would be safe to overclock? Again, dont plan on it. But trying to know my limitations.
February 14, 2014 1:19:08 PM

chris987 said:
http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx well i wouldnt push it to the limit or overclock but since
Radeon R9-270X - 24A on the 12v rail and a 500W psu minimum recomended(for total system consumption) the numbers say it will be enough. if to uprade later as you say this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... ot this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... would be great


Fantastic. Thank you VERY much. Extremely helpful. Have a good one.
!