Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

cs:go random lag spike

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 14, 2014 10:18:35 PM

i dont have the best computer but i used to be able to run cs:go with no problem. after december of 2013 i noticed small fps lag and decreased my settings to fix it. recently my computer has practically been dying in lag like sound stuttering and frame rate of 1 and making the game impossible to play due to lag. i quit the game and my cpu is running at 100% but normally it only runs at 40-60% in game. how can i stop the random lag spikes

More about : random lag spike

a b à CPUs
February 16, 2014 3:15:50 PM

see what is running in the background in addition to cs go. also you can try overclocking your cpu
m
0
l
February 16, 2014 5:44:14 PM

StealthParade said:
see what is running in the background in addition to cs go. also you can try overclocking your cpu


i cant find anything out of the ordinary and my CPU is clocked from 2.20 GHz to 3.6 already
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 109 à CPUs
February 16, 2014 5:47:43 PM

could be heat related. How long has it been since thermal paste was applied? I know I had an old computer once that started losing performance on stuff it used to handle quite well. I had to clean the heatsink and put new thermal paste. After that it worked just as well as the day it first booted up.

Another cause could be a driver that got updated.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 16, 2014 5:48:37 PM

Cubbs96 said:
StealthParade said:
see what is running in the background in addition to cs go. also you can try overclocking your cpu


i cant find anything out of the ordinary and my CPU is clocked from 2.20 GHz to 3.6 already


yes but see what the usage is try running something like hwinfo to see what is going on
m
0
l
February 16, 2014 8:44:57 PM

ethereal essence said:
could be heat related. How long has it been since thermal paste was applied? I know I had an old computer once that started losing performance on stuff it used to handle quite well. I had to clean the heatsink and put new thermal paste. After that it worked just as well as the day it first booted up.

Another cause could be a driver that got updated.


it has been at least 2 years since thermal paste has been added and i have been noticing that the computer was running a little warmer. i have also recently updated alot of my drivers so im not sure.
what do you think?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
February 16, 2014 8:46:15 PM

re apply some thermal paste and see where that leads you :p  good luck!
Share
February 16, 2014 8:54:56 PM

StealthParade said:
re apply some thermal paste and see where that leads you :p  good luck!


thanks alot for the tips. ;) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 16, 2014 8:56:26 PM

Of course! you can always message me if needed!
m
0
l
!