i3 4130 vs 560

Plasmio

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
Which CPU is better in the long run if it was going to do nothing but running a single piece of software? I know the 560 is the lesser, older CPU, but it also retains the capacity to overclock.I can get the 560 at a much lower price than a new 4130 if I search on eBay, so this is also a consideration. If I were to OC a 560 to approx. 3.8-4.1GHz, would the overall performance be greater or at least, roughly equal?

satyamdubey

Distinguished
which software? if you have somthing like a renderer on your mind, stick with 4130 but because here you have hte real advantage that 3 generations of cpu architecture upgrade has . I work on an i7 930 machine for rhino 3d and flamingo raytrace and the machine takes only a little longer than an ivy i5 which we also have at our office. Their differences are not that much but it is because of the fact that raytrace is cpu dependent only.

Plasmio

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
The application for which the computer will be applied is a Minecraft Bukkit server on a Windows server OS. The computer's sole purpose will be to run the server unless I come across complications, preventing me from hosting it any longer.

TRENDING THREADS