Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help!!!!!I Want To Know The Best Graphic Card That I Can fit inside my cpu

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 15, 2014 7:16:14 AM

Hi All,
I Have GX 620 Desktop Tower And Intel 82945G Express,
Pentium 4 3.00 GHz,
1 Gb Ram,
Win XP x32
I don't know the power supply
do you know the best graphic card i can fit inside my cpu and one more thing is that i have a budget of 30 to 40$ Max.PLZ PLZ Help Me out
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2014 7:18:25 AM

Im sorry to tell you this, but 30-40$ will never get you a gpu that's worth it.
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 7:25:45 AM

Atleast tell me the graphic cards i can fit

leave the budget
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2014 8:53:00 AM

The only thing virtually ok about that system is the cpu, 1Gb of RAM is not good and XP 32bit is not the best. Because of this, I doubt a new GPU will help a lot. Furthermore, without knowing the power supply, we can't reall recommend anything. The full specs of it should be on a sticker on it, however.
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 11:22:34 PM

cpt price said:
Atleast tell me the graphic cards i can fit

leave the budget


If you tell me the exact model number and make of your motherboard (or, preferably, send me a link to a picture of it), I can tell you if you have PCI or PCIe. they're the two most common slots for graphics cards. If I know that, I can then find you a suitable graphics card for your system. :) 
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2014 11:39:53 PM

You're going to need atleast 300 to 400 dollars to be getting anywhere with your computer.
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 11:45:22 PM

AgentTran said:
You're going to need atleast 300 to 400 dollars to be getting anywhere with your computer.


Not necessarily. I upgraded mine, and it only cost me about $150. I changed the CPU, the Graphics Card, I added more ram (2GB), I upgraded the power supply and I got a new heatsink.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2014 11:50:42 PM

PlzAnswer said:
AgentTran said:
You're going to need atleast 300 to 400 dollars to be getting anywhere with your computer.


Not necessarily. I upgraded mine, and it only cost me about $150. I changed the CPU, the Graphics Card, I added more ram (2GB), I upgraded the power supply and I got a new heatsink.


Unless you're buying used parts, or getting 90% off regular prices, a $150 upgrade for a CPU, GPU, more RAM, and a PSU + heatsink, and all of a decent quality and brand, and all able to run modern games, the bravo.

But other than that, I find it insanely difficult to pull off what you've said.
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 11:57:19 PM

AgentTran said:
PlzAnswer said:
AgentTran said:
You're going to need atleast 300 to 400 dollars to be getting anywhere with your computer.


Not necessarily. I upgraded mine, and it only cost me about $150. I changed the CPU, the Graphics Card, I added more ram (2GB), I upgraded the power supply and I got a new heatsink.


Unless you're buying used parts, or getting 90% off regular prices, a $150 upgrade for a CPU, GPU, more RAM, and a PSU + heatsink, and all of a decent quality and brand, and all able to run modern games, the bravo.

But other than that, I find it insanely difficult to pull off what you've said.


I got some of the items seller refurbished from eBay. My motherboard also doesn't really support very good hardware, so it wasn't too much of an upgrade. My motherboard specs at: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5S800VM/#overview
m
0
l
February 16, 2014 12:24:32 AM

Look I,ve Got A Pci slot x16 and i'm buying a core 2 duo processor and 1 more gb ram and all i ask is for you to tell me is what is the best graphic card i can fit
cuz i like a lot of games and i m buying a new power supply too.And i found a 512 mb ram in my car and i 'm going to put that in too so i'm gonna have 2.5 gb ram.thanks in advance.and the budget for my graphic card is 50$ tops

m
0
l

Best solution

February 16, 2014 12:37:57 AM

cpt price said:
Look I,ve Got A Pci slot x16 and i'm buying a core 2 duo processor and 1 more gb ram and all i ask is for you to tell me is what is the best graphic card i can fit
cuz i like a lot of games and i m buying a new power supply too.And i found a 512 mb ram in my car and i 'm going to put that in too so i'm gonna have 2.5 gb ram.thanks in advance.and the budget for my graphic card is 50$ tops



If you push it to $60, I found quite a good one from Amazon with a driver disc and a manual: http://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-NVIDIA-GeForce-512MB-ZT-606...

You could get it cheaper refurbished, though.

I also recommend core 2 quad to duo because it's MUCH faster. You'd also need to get a bit more RAM (4GB) or, if you're playing more graphic intense games, they'll crash with only 2.5GB. If you really want a good experience with no lag at all (30 to 40 fps), try Intel core 2 extreme. I got a second hand one from eBay for only $90.
Share
February 16, 2014 12:40:24 AM

PlzAnswer said:
cpt price said:
Look I,ve Got A Pci slot x16 and i'm buying a core 2 duo processor and 1 more gb ram and all i ask is for you to tell me is what is the best graphic card i can fit
cuz i like a lot of games and i m buying a new power supply too.And i found a 512 mb ram in my car and i 'm going to put that in too so i'm gonna have 2.5 gb ram.thanks in advance.and the budget for my graphic card is 50$ tops



If you push it to $60, I found quite a good one from Amazon with a driver disc and a manual: http://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-NVIDIA-GeForce-512MB-ZT-606...

You could get it cheaper refurbished, though.


I've got a pci express slot and my motherboard is this. http://www.ascendtech.us/dell-nd237-optiplex-gx620-moth...
m
0
l
February 16, 2014 12:44:45 AM

Thanks A Million Answer Plz.You're Awesome
m
0
l
February 16, 2014 12:46:57 AM

cpt price said:
PlzAnswer said:
cpt price said:
Look I,ve Got A Pci slot x16 and i'm buying a core 2 duo processor and 1 more gb ram and all i ask is for you to tell me is what is the best graphic card i can fit
cuz i like a lot of games and i m buying a new power supply too.And i found a 512 mb ram in my car and i 'm going to put that in too so i'm gonna have 2.5 gb ram.thanks in advance.and the budget for my graphic card is 50$ tops



If you push it to $60, I found quite a good one from Amazon with a driver disc and a manual: http://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-NVIDIA-GeForce-512MB-ZT-606...

You could get it cheaper refurbished, though.


I've got a pci express slot and my motherboard is this. http://www.ascendtech.us/dell-nd237-optiplex-gx620-moth...


It's better to get a PCI, since they're much cheaper. Thanks for making me best answer!:) 
m
0
l
!