Solved

HTPC , 300w PSU friendly GPU on a s939 socket cpu.

Hello all,
Which low-profile GPU should i get for a system like this:? Please recommend.

amd 4400+ x2 @ 2.2ghz (s939)
2 gb ddr 400mhz ram
ati hd 6450.
x64 win7

this was on a 300w psu with this case.


i like the case and the pc overall, and it can play shank 2 with some stuttering, browse web etc. but it can not play Rocksmith so what i would like to pay is around 100$ range for a GPU.

ps: this is a secondary pc just to sit next to tv unit.
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about htpc 300w psu friendly gpu s939 socket cpu
  1. Radeon 7750 would be good. It's the most powerful card that doesn't require external power, it draws everything it needs from the motherboard.

    Edit: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?pid=1658&lid=1
  2. gopher1369 said:
    Radeon 7750 would be good. It's the most powerful card that doesn't require external power, it draws everything it needs from the motherboard.

    Edit: http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/product_index.aspx?pid=1658&lid=1


    Hey, thanks;
    i was thinking of the 7750 before making this post, is not it an "overkill" for a 7 year old cpu/ram ? (which are ddr 1-pc3200 ddr 400 mhz rams)
  3. Best answer
    crystal3d said:
    , is not it an "overkill" for a 7 year old cpu/ram ? (which are ddr 1-pc3200 ddr 400 mhz rams)


    Depends on the game. Some games use virtually no CPU power whatsoever, some like loads. At least it's a dual core processor, and most games will at least be playable with a dual core. My other PC has an old Core 2 Duo @ 2.5Ghz (E5300). It won't play Crysis 3 or Planetside 2, but most other games run just fine.

    Have you tried Steam Homestream? I'm in the beta test and works great streaming games to my 7 year old laptop. This would make a great box to stream games to. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream
  4. gopher1369 said:
    crystal3d said:
    , is not it an "overkill" for a 7 year old cpu/ram ? (which are ddr 1-pc3200 ddr 400 mhz rams)


    Depends on the game. Some games use virtually no CPU power whatsoever, some like loads. At least it's a dual core processor, and most games will at least be playable with a dual core. My other PC has an old Core 2 Duo @ 2.5Ghz (E5300). It won't play Crysis 3 or Planetside 2, but most other games run just fine.

    Have you tried Steam Homestream? I'm in the beta test and works great streaming games to my 7 year old laptop. This would make a great box to stream games to. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/homestream



    Cant find 7750 anywhere around Turkey...
  5. Try GT 640 then. a bit slower than 7750, but good enough for your setup.
  6. Nikola Aslanov-1338074 said:
    Try GT 640 then. a bit slower than 7750, but good enough for your setup.


    Or the new GTX 750.
Ask a new question

Read More

GPUs Graphics