Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What would be a good GPU for this PC?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 15, 2014 11:58:43 AM

Hi there, i have a HP p6203w, running on 250W. im looking for a nice gpu that can be supported on 250W (i only need it for very light gaming, such as minecraft or TES: Oblivion). i was researching into a HD 5450 but i am not quite sure about it as i am not a PC expert.

More about : good gpu

a b U Graphics card
February 15, 2014 12:02:38 PM

i don't think so better change psu if possible
m
0
l
Related resources
February 15, 2014 12:06:34 PM

You want to upgrade the power supply to even use a GPU... you can use PCIe-X16 1.0 cards and has high as you want pretty much but note that higher end PCIe-2.0-3.0 card will bottleneck your CPU really bad since its a Dual Core... you can Upgrade to a AMD P2 x 4 (Quad Core @ 95 Watts) that will help you run a higher end GPU... but you would want to use a 600+ Watt PSU for a Quad Core and Mid-High Ranged GPU.. and since its a Nvidia Chipset youll want to use a Nvidia card so you don't have more problems on top of a AMD GPU on Nvidia chipset...
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 12:17:18 PM

ya you can get a way cheaper GPU if you like just remember to upgrade that PSU.. other wise you'll be without a computer till you do, or you will take out your PSU 1#, MB/CPU/GPU #2, also what is your budget?
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 12:21:32 PM

Rahbot said:
ya you can get a way cheaper GPU if you like just remember to upgrade that PSU.. other wise you'll be without a computer till you do, or you will take out your PSU 1#, MB/CPU/GPU #2, also what is your budget?


1. my motherboard is a M2N68-LA
Manufacturer: Pegatron
Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Memory sockets: 2 x DDR2
Front side bus speeds: 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)
Processor socket: AM2+
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card
2 PCI Express x1 slots
1 PCI slot

2. CPu is a AMD anthlon II x2 215 at 65W
3. onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150SE
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 12:35:03 PM

I looked up the info on your computer before you posted that.... again what is your Budget? because upgrading a GPU will req you to also upgrade your PSU, and if you upgrade your GPU to high then you must also upgrade your CPU... and your MB supports up to 95 Watt CPU's in AM2+ so you can get a Quad Core @ 95 W...


.....see below...

TDP: 95W
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

NOTE:o nly socket AM2+ processors are supported with this motherboard.
AMD Phenom II Quad-Core
AMD Phenom II Triple-Core
AMD Phenom Quad-Core (A) 9xxx series (AM2+)
AMD Phenom Triple-Core (T) 8xxx series (AM2+)
AMD Athlon X4
AMD Athlon X3
AMD Athlon X2 (B) (AM2+)
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 12:41:57 PM

Rahbot said:
I looked up the info on your computer before you posted that.... again what is your Budget? because upgrading a GPU will req you to also upgrade your PSU, and if you upgrade your GPU to high then you must also upgrade your CPU... and your MB supports up to 95 Watt CPU's in AM2+ so you can get a Quad Core @ 95 W...


.....see below...

TDP: 95W
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:

NOTE:o nly socket AM2+ processors are supported with this motherboard.
AMD Phenom II Quad-Core
AMD Phenom II Triple-Core
AMD Phenom Quad-Core (A) 9xxx series (AM2+)
AMD Phenom Triple-Core (T) 8xxx series (AM2+)
AMD Athlon X4
AMD Athlon X3
AMD Athlon X2 (B) (AM2+)


budget is like 20$, i was going with a HD5450 since ive seen people here in the TH forums that use a HD5450 with a 250W psu and get away with it safely.and its selling pretty cheap on ebay. im pretty sure (though i dont know) that my CPU wont bottleneck a HD 5450.
m
0
l

Best solution

February 15, 2014 12:45:56 PM

Ya you should be fine with a HD 5450... but expect to play with mid - high settings with that GPU.. your looking at low settings on most games... if you can even play them at all... Minecraft yes... TES nope...
Share
February 15, 2014 12:47:45 PM

Rahbot said:
Ya you should be fine with a HD 5450... but expect to play with mid - high settings with that GPU.. your looking at low settings on most games... if you can even play them at all... Minecraft yes... TES nope...


ill be alright, im not much of a fancy graphics person anyways (have my dear PS4 for that :D ), and thank you for helping me!
m
0
l
February 15, 2014 1:00:03 PM

Rahbot said:
Ya you should be fine with a HD 5450... but expect to play with mid - high settings with that GPU.. your looking at low settings on most games... if you can even play them at all... Minecraft yes... TES nope...


it should still do fairly well. my old 3870 was rocking dayz and rust on low settings at about 30 fps when overclocked.
m
0
l
!