Solved

Need help About Power Supply And Graphics Card

i need to ask something im going to buy an antec HCP 1200 1200w 80+ gold sli mod and can it like power 3 GTX 770's,an intel 4770k,6 fans from a chassis and the whole thing?,and should i choose this one or the other power supply from the list and can you atleast check it out thank you i really want to make sure theres no troubles
http://pcx.com.ph/antec-hcp-1200-1200w-80-gold-sli-mod.html

heres a list can you atleast total the power of the thing i would buy and tell me if you want to suggest something,if you want to suggest something can you atleast pick from that site because im in ph and i dont have any other places to choose from thanks,and is it better to switch from GTX 770 to Radeon 6990?

Proccesor
http://pcx.com.ph/intel-core-i7-4770k.html
Motherboard
http://pcx.com.ph/asus-maximus-vi-extreme.html
2x Memory Of RAM
http://pcx.com.ph/gskill-ripjawsx-8gbx2-1600mhz-f3-12800cl10d-16gbxl.html
3x Graphics Card
http://pcx.com.ph/vc-asus-gtx680-2gb-ddr5-256b-gtx680-dc2o-2gd5.html
Chassis
http://pcx.com.ph/aerocool-xpredator-x1-blk-full-atx.html
2x Internal Hard Disk
http://pcx.com.ph/seagate-3tb-7200rpm-3-5-sata-st3000dm001.html
Optical Drives
http://pcx.com.ph/liteon-ihas-524-24x-sata-lt-blk.html
Power Supply
http://pcx.com.ph/zalman-zm-1250-1250w-80-platinum-sli-modular.html
Sound Card
http://pcx.com.ph/asus-xonar-dgx-5-1-pci-e.html
Speakers
http://pcx.com.ph/creative-sound-blaster-axx-20-w-bluetooth.html
Water Cooler
http://pcx.com.ph/antec-khuler-h2o-920.html
OS
http://pcx.com.ph/windows-7-pro-64bit-oem.html
Monitor
http://pcx.com.ph/lg-23-led-23ea53v-widescreen-blk.html
Keyboard
http://pcx.com.ph/razer-deathstalker-ultimate.html
Camera
http://pcx.com.ph/logitech-c920-hd-pro.html
Mouse
http://pcx.com.ph/razer-naga-molten.html
2x Headphones
http://pcx.com.ph/razer-kraken-7-1.html
http://pcx.com.ph/razer-tiamat-7-1.html

Thank you very much i really need answers so there would be no problems about my pc in the future i would get it in the first day of april
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply graphics card
  1. 1200Watts sounds pretty good to power all of that, but it's Antec that I'm just scratching my chin about. I haven't purchased any Antec PSUs so I can't review on them, so I'm gonna suggest a Corsair AX1200i 1200Watt power supply. Corsair is full of quality and reliability,but it's totally up to you to change or not.

    http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/ax-series-power-supply-units/ax1200i-digital-atx-power-supply-1200-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-fully-modular-psu.html
  2. bump
  3. Best answer
    you don't need a 1200 watt PSU:

    http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4632/32/geforce-gtx-700-series-sli-review-geforce-gtx-760770780-in-sli-and-3-way-sli-energy-consumption

    that is total system power measured "from the wall" to take PSU efficiency into account (using a good 90%) for the 780 tri SLI:
    729*.9= 656 watts.

    now the 780 will use ~40 watts more each than 770s but we'll leave that in there to account for the watercooling and extra HDs and whatnot in your system.

    a quality 850 watt PSU can handle that load with out a problem.

    CORSAIR HX850 850W 80+SILVER MOD ₱7,350.00

    or if you want a bit more cushion, (though you don't HAVE TO) this will work:
    CORSAIR HX1050W 1050W 80+SILVER MODULAR ₱8,850.00

    here is the thing with getting too big of a PSU:


    with the low idle usage, PSU efficiency takes a big nose dive when under a 20% load; between 3%-7%. so if you only look at the max load - you'll be getting good efficiency but when idling - which is more often than gaming - you throw efficiency out the window. . . just saying.
  4. pcgaming98 said:
    1200Watts sounds pretty good to power all of that, but it's Antec that I'm just scratching my chin about. I haven't purchased any Antec PSUs so I can't review on them, so I'm gonna suggest a Corsair AX1200i 1200Watt power supply. Corsair is full of quality and reliability,but it's totally up to you to change or not.

    http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/ax-series-power-supply-units/ax1200i-digital-atx-power-supply-1200-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-fully-modular-psu.html

    The Problem is theres no Corsair AX1200i 1200Watt on the website im buying on because as i said im in the philippines and i cant order that because you know why you could just suggest a power supply from that website
  5. qbsinfo said:
    you don't need a 1200 watt PSU:

    http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4632/32/geforce-gtx-700-series-sli-review-geforce-gtx-760770780-in-sli-and-3-way-sli-energy-consumption

    that is total system power measured "from the wall" to take PSU efficiency into account (using a good 90%) for the 780 tri SLI:
    729*.9= 656 watts.

    now the 780 will use ~40 watts more each than 770s but we'll leave that in there to account for the watercooling and extra HDs and whatnot in your system.

    a quality 850 watt PSU can handle that load with out a problem.

    CORSAIR HX850 850W 80+SILVER MOD ₱7,350.00

    or if you want a bit more cushion, (though you don't HAVE TO) this will work:
    CORSAIR HX1050W 1050W 80+SILVER MODULAR ₱8,850.00

    here is the thing with getting too big of a PSU:


    with the low idle usage, PSU efficiency takes a big nose dive when under a 20% load; between 3%-7%. so if you only look at the max load - you'll be getting good efficiency but when idling - which is more often than gaming - you throw efficiency out the window. . . just saying.

    so with all the stuff i bought even the 3 gtx 770's,the corsair HX1050W can power it all i mean power the whole thing?
  6. Alexis92 said:

    so with all the stuff i bought even the 3 gtx 770's,the corsair HX1050W can power it all i mean power the whole thing?


    YES!
  7. qbsinfo said:
    Alexis92 said:

    so with all the stuff i bought even the 3 gtx 770's,the corsair HX1050W can power it all i mean power the whole thing?


    YES!



    Okay!,Thank you Very Much! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

LG Computers Processors Power Gaming Performance Power Headphones CPUs Power Supplies Graphics Cards Motherboards Nvidia Asus Superchassis PC gaming Razer