CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($304.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus Z87-PRO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($179.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($157.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($145.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Corsair Professional 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.98 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 Professional (OEM) (64-bit) ($146.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Here are a few questions and concerns that I have. If anyone can help me in any way I would be most grateful.
1. The processor I picked is able to overclock, however, it is not my intention to overclock. Though I thought it would be wise to fork over the extra few dollars to buy a processor that can overclock in case I ever decided that I would like to. My concern is if I unintentionally overclock my pc without knowing it. Is this possible or can I download a program that tells me when I am overclocking? Or can I turn on and off the ability to overclock within the settings somewhere?
2. Any thoughts on build? I'm sitting at $1500, though I would be willing to pay that much for a great computer that will last me 4+ years, however, if there are any areas that can be changed to decrease the price, that would be great!
3. Main focus is video editing; however, I would like the ability to play current games in case I decide to start playing pc games. Games I am likely to play as soon as I get the computer are Minecraft, WOW, League of Legends, and some first person shooters.
4. Is my GPU good enough?
5. Does this build have potential for upgrading in the future?
6. Case is blocking the Mobo's usb 3.0 port.
7.Thought's on Mobo?
8. Thought's on case?
9. Do I need a cpu fan or liquid cooling system?
10. Will this build last me at least four years?
11. Most used programs; Adobe Suite, especially After Effects, Premier, and Photoshop.
12. Should I buy the better i7 processor that has 6 cores rather than the i7 4770K? If so, where can I cut costs elsewhere?
I dont think so, I could get more people to come and respond otherwise in my opinion go with the build that I recommended. Also are you gonna get the h100i or the air cooler cpu coolers. If you want you can lower the gpu to a gtx 660 and get a water cooling kit from xspc though im not sure they are available in us.