Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Need Help on $750-$800 Gaming/Video Editing Computer Build

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Desktops
  • Computers
  • Budget
  • Build
  • Video Editing
  • PC gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 17, 2014 1:01:29 AM

For a few years now, I've been living life with a slimline trying to find ways to optimize its horribly small case. Finally I have the chance to build a new computer that actually fits my everyday needs. I'm trying to build a PC that will provide an excellent gaming experience but also have an amazing video rendering speed at the cost of $750. Things such as OS and peripherals are not much of my concern at the moment. As for a monitor, I have an old HP LCD with 720p resolution. I'm not sure if I should hold off until I build my dream specs PC or cut prices to buy a 1080p monitor. Are there any suggestions on what I should buy to achieve a gaming, but mostly video editing PC for such a low budget?

*Update:
I'm not sure if I might overclock the PC since I'm not as experienced with the technique. I don't want to risk any "nukes" on an expensive CPU.

More about : 750 800 gaming video editing computer build

Best solution

February 17, 2014 1:09:25 AM

Since you are going to Video-edit/Game, a 1080p display is so much better than a 720 one but keep in mind such a screen will cost you depending on the screen size..

Look at this:

http://www.amazon.com/VS228H-P-22-Inch-Full-HD-LED-Lit-...

You can change screen size with the buttons on that page...

If you are going for a 27 inch display i definitely recommend you to spare up a little more money, to make your gaming pc more future proof.
Share
a b 4 Gaming
February 17, 2014 1:13:01 AM

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($109.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($116.57 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Avexir Core series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($76.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($259.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Rosewill Galaxy-03 ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $738.48
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
February 17, 2014 1:15:33 AM

for now keep that monitor and when u get enough money buy a 1080p monitor ;) 
m
0
l
February 17, 2014 1:37:39 AM

Okay, not trying to sound like a beginner, but I could never tell the difference in which impacts rendering speeds the most. Is it the CPU or the GPU?
m
0
l
February 17, 2014 1:54:52 AM

Mostly it is the CPU, but technologies can help accelerate rendering speeds like CUDA.
Correct me if i'm wrong.
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 9:50:52 AM

I just finished a 600$ amd build that plays bf4 at high at 40-fps at all times at 1080p. Fx 4300 of to 4.2ghz (didn't change voltage, and using stock cooler, ran prime95 for 6hours and never went above 65 degrees Celsius. Gigabyte ga78lmt usb3, (supports tons of sata cables, but it's only sata 2. At this budget I doubt your getting an ssd), 8gb Pny optima ddr3 1333 MHz, nzxt source 210, corsair cx500, radeon r7 260x (upgrade to r9 270 or gtx 660ti), 2tb wd green (go for 1tb, unless you need more or less).. There is also a full atx version of his board that cost 15-20$ more, but supports xfx/sli.... I also have a optical drive (take it out of your slimline).. Upgrade to the fx6300 and the hyper 101a by coolermaster wit the extra money. Hope this helps.
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 9:54:06 AM

greenfire999 said:
Okay, not trying to sound like a beginner, but I could never tell the difference in which impacts rendering speeds the most. Is it the CPU or the GPU?


CPU.. Usually hardcore editing rigs have an awesome CPU and decent gpus
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 11:43:43 AM

Pcbuilder123 said:
I just finished a 600$ amd build that plays bf4 at high at 40-fps at all times at 1080p. Fx 4300 of to 4.2ghz (didn't change voltage, and using stock cooler, ran prime95 for 6hours and never went above 65 degrees Celsius. Gigabyte ga78lmt usb3, (supports tons of sata cables, but it's only sata 2. At this budget I doubt your getting an ssd), 8gb Pny optima ddr3 1333 MHz, nzxt source 210, corsair cx500, radeon r7 260x (upgrade to r9 270 or gtx 660ti), 2tb wd green (go for 1tb, unless you need more or less).. There is also a full atx version of his board that cost 15-20$ more, but supports xfx/sli.... I also have a optical drive (take it out of your slimline).. Upgrade to the fx6300 and the hyper 101a by coolermaster wit the extra money. Hope this helps.


Thank you for the idea, especially about the part for swapping the optical with the new computer (totally forgot I had one) :lol: 
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 11:45:48 AM

Pcbuilder123 said:
greenfire999 said:
Okay, not trying to sound like a beginner, but I could never tell the difference in which impacts rendering speeds the most. Is it the CPU or the GPU?


CPU.. Usually hardcore editing rigs have an awesome CPU and decent gpus


I found a place that sells an FX-8350 at an affordable price and a friend that has a Radeon R7 260X that I can bargain with. Would that be something to consider?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 8:20:15 PM

r7 260x a little weak
have ny other cards in mind?
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 9:33:46 PM

nashdes001 said:
r7 260x a little weak
have ny other cards in mind?


Well I could go for the GTX 660, but it may conflict with my funds. My friend is selling his R7 for $120.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 9:39:57 PM

ok
whats ur total budget?
What parts u need?
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 10:11:31 PM

nashdes001 said:
ok
whats ur total budget?
What parts u need?


My budget is $810. I need the mobo, GPU, CPU, PSU, RAM, chassis, and HDD. So far, what I have planned came up to $750 (Not including tax).
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 10:27:25 PM

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.12 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($154.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill Galaxy-03 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $804.01
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 12:20:06 PM

greenfire999 said:
nashdes001 said:
ok
whats ur total budget?
What parts u need?


My budget is $810. I need the mobo, GPU, CPU, PSU, RAM, chassis, and HDD. So far, what I have planned came up to $750 (Not including tax).


Go for a fx 6300/8350, a gtx 660/ fastest 750ti/ fastest r7 260x in stock (make sure to have clock of 1ghz or more and at.east 2gb VRAM with the r7 and 750 so it'll stay good for a while.... Buy a mobo that supports cfx/sli so you can add a second one later (or just buy powerful one like r9 series now. 8gb ram is a must, and not hard to fit in that budget. Also go for a corsair cx series 600 or more watt power supply (be open to other brands like antec, etc....)Make sure it has some kind of 80+ certification. Depending on how much storage you use, go for 500gb minimum, or preferably a terabyte (wd green or caviar blue should be good) or more, but this can also be upgraded easily later. Do you plan to overclock? If so, buy a coolermaster hyper 101a or hyper 212evo. For the case I would say nzxt source 210, or for larger go for coolermaster haf 912, or for really nice case go for corsair carbide 200r or the graphite 230t by corsair. Optical drive is also optimal depending on the person.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 3:55:20 PM

nashdes001 said:
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.12 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($154.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill Galaxy-03 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $804.01


Perfect! As for the GTX 750 Ti... How much of a performance would there be compared to R7? I'm considering switching to Nvidia.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 4:02:33 PM

Pcbuilder123 said:
greenfire999 said:
nashdes001 said:
ok
whats ur total budget?
What parts u need?


My budget is $810. I need the mobo, GPU, CPU, PSU, RAM, chassis, and HDD. So far, what I have planned came up to $750 (Not including tax).


Go for a fx 6300/8350, a gtx 660/ fastest 750ti/ fastest r7 260x in stock (make sure to have clock of 1ghz or more and at.east 2gb VRAM with the r7 and 750 so it'll stay good for a while.... Buy a mobo that supports cfx/sli so you can add a second one later (or just buy powerful one like r9 series now. 8gb ram is a must, and not hard to fit in that budget. Also go for a corsair cx series 600 or more watt power supply (be open to other brands like antec, etc....)Make sure it has some kind of 80+ certification. Depending on how much storage you use, go for 500gb minimum, or preferably a terabyte (wd green or caviar blue should be good) or more, but this can also be upgraded easily later. Do you plan to overclock? If so, buy a coolermaster hyper 101a or hyper 212evo. For the case I would say nzxt source 210, or for larger go for coolermaster haf 912, or for really nice case go for corsair carbide 200r or the graphite 230t by corsair. Optical drive is also optimal depending on the person.


I plan to overclock, but I am a beginner at it so I'm a bit skeptical about it. I am also getting the 212 Evo. I tried to fit in the FX-8350, but it is way over the budget (Sadly). So, at the moment I have my eyes on the FX-8320 overclocking it to 4.5 Ghz (or at least 4.2 Ghz).
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 4:11:40 PM

[PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3059J) / [Price breakdown by merchant](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3059J/by_merchant/) / [Benchmarks](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3059J/benchmarks/)

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
**CPU** | [AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/amd-cpu-fd8320frhkbox) | $149.99 @ TigerDirect
**CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-r...) | $29.98 @ OutletPC
**Motherboard** | [Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-ga970...) | $99.98 @ SuperBiiz
**Memory** | [Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/kingston-memory-khx1600c9d...) | $69.99 @ Newegg
**Storage** | [Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/western-digital-internal-h...) | $59.98 @ OutletPC
**Video Card** | [Asus GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-gtx760dc2o...) | $239.99 @ Newegg
**Case** | [Corsair Carbide Series 300R Windowed ATX Mid Tower Case](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-case-300rwindowed) | $69.99 @ Newegg
**Power Supply** | [Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-cx600...) | $54.99 @ Microcenter
**Optical Drive** | [Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-optical-drive-drw24b1...) | $19.98 @ OutletPC
| | **Total**
| Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available. | $777.87
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-25 19:11 EST-0500 |
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 25, 2014 8:35:29 PM

greenfire999 said:
nashdes001 said:
CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($117.12 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($84.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($66.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card ($154.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Rosewill Galaxy-03 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($54.99 @ Microcenter)
Monitor: Asus VS238H-P 23.0" Monitor ($134.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $804.01


Perfect! As for the GTX 750 Ti... How much of a performance would there be compared to R7? I'm considering switching to Nvidia.


http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-750-ti-...

and ocing fx series is quite easy!

m
0
l