$1700 Gaming pc build with accessories help!!

Kakorat119

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Hey guys,

I need a gaming pc. I'm going to buy it in the next month. I want to play games like watch dogs(when it's out), BF4, Assasins creed IV, and some other next gen games.

Preferences:
I would prefer an intel cpu(more specifically the i7 as most next-gen games need it).

I would like 16 gb ram cause im going to stream games, edit vids and edit photos. And plus most next gen games require 8gb+ i wouldn't mind 12 gb either.

I am going to overclock in a year or two.

I would prefer an nvidia gpu but if amd has better 'bang for buck' then I will go with it.

I need monitor, os, key board and mouse and also a $25 headset(from ebay) within my budget.

Keyboard link:
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-keyboard-sgb3010kkmf1us

I would prefer if the build was in the $1600-$1650 range but I am ok with a MAX of $1700.

So, any builds or advice guys?

Thnx

Solution
I7 4770k not because you'll need it anytime soon for gaming but for your editing, encoding, streaming, photo shop etc. You'll need the k (unlocked) to OC when your ready to.

Asrock extreme 4 be cause a lot folk here on Tom's recommend and it will oc and then some. Personally i've only ever owned Gigabyte or Asus mobo's with a preference for Gigabyte.

Get 16gbs of ram. 2 x 8gb preferably. 4 x 4gb could limit oc potential.

If you got the dollars get a 780ti, that will keep you going for awhile. Otherwise R9 290x (non-reference cooling only) Both are expensive so maybe a gtx 770 R9 280x. I wouldn't go lower.

Get A 750 PSU if you can, you could get by with less but for a few dollars more why would you. I've got a 1500w and i...

Gee Bee

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
I7 4770k not because you'll need it anytime soon for gaming but for your editing, encoding, streaming, photo shop etc. You'll need the k (unlocked) to OC when your ready to.

Asrock extreme 4 be cause a lot folk here on Tom's recommend and it will oc and then some. Personally i've only ever owned Gigabyte or Asus mobo's with a preference for Gigabyte.

Get 16gbs of ram. 2 x 8gb preferably. 4 x 4gb could limit oc potential.

If you got the dollars get a 780ti, that will keep you going for awhile. Otherwise R9 290x (non-reference cooling only) Both are expensive so maybe a gtx 770 R9 280x. I wouldn't go lower.

Get A 750 PSU if you can, you could get by with less but for a few dollars more why would you. I've got a 1500w and i only ever use about 1000w max. The point is the PSU is never stressed and should see me through several future builds.

Monitors well you in the 1080p zone, not that your prospective hardware couldn't handle WQHD (2560x1440) it could easily. Those monitors cost between $600-800 dollars US. If you could afford one well you would be amazed. Not just for gaming but your editing and photo work. Not to mention stunning movie visuals. I use a PB278Q Asus and i'm loving it no end. My PC experience went from decent to a whole new level. Otherwise any 1080p with a faster refresh rate preferably but not essential. 24 or 27" would suffice.

Mouse depends on the game. FPS games usually suffice with a simple mouse, with the ability to change dpi on the fly. Ie slow mouse down for accuracy when aiming through a scope as one example. I use a logitech mx600 for FPS and Razor Naga hex for everything else. My KB is a BLACK WIDOW STEALTH.

OS, well your gonna get 64 bit for sure. Just is W7 or 8. I tried 8 and went back to 7. I couldn't adapt it was just to different.

Hope that helps

Solution

Kakorat119

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

Thnx! Ur first to reply lol. Are you sure the 770 will last me at least 2-3 years without SLI? Is 750watt psu enough for SLI in the future? Can you plz try to put together a build (if you have time,dont want to bother you) for me that's under $1700?
Thnx

Gee Bee

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
i don't have the time right now it's 00:30 hrs here. I'll see if i can tomorrow.

A lot can change in 2-3 yrs. I'm confident the 77O is a good card (so is the 280x 3gb vram) and the 750w PSU would handle SLI. Up to 850w PSU if you feel the need to future proof. if your really concerned about future games get the 770 with 4gb vram. I can only envisage more vram being a significant factor in not to distant future gaming.

Kakorat119

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014

Thnx, I'll cut down on the keyboard mouse and headset. Maybe even the monitor and power supply to a different 850watts.