Solved

i5 4670k or i7 4770k

Hey guys my first post..Im building a gaming rig..My first endevour..so far I chose the stryker case..msi Z87-GD65 MB...16GB Gskill Trident series Mem..WD 10ezex 1TB..GTX GeForce 6600[which ill probably upgrade}..windows 8..and the new corsair 105 cooler...the problem im running into is the processor...ive read a lot and its a toss up between the i5 4670k or the i7 4770k...Need your advice...with the componenets I have which should I get..i plan on giving the OC a try and learn..thanks in advance
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4670k 4770k
  1. if budget is not an issue the i7 gets you 8 logical cores instead of 4 and is a bit more future proof. if you're on a budget the i5 will work just fine for gaming
  2. I7 offers maybe 1-2 FPS more than i5 in games. If just gaming go i5 , if rendering/photoshop go I7
  3. Danzas4321 said:
    I7 offers maybe 1-2 FPS more than i5 in games. If just gaming go i5 , if rendering/photoshop go I7


    ^^^This also and another thing if money isnt a question and you want the i7 your better off puttung the extra $100+ into the graphics card and still getting a i5 4670k you will reap way more fps that way
  4. do you feel I picked the right components so far
  5. MadRetch said:
    Danzas4321 said:
    I7 offers maybe 1-2 FPS more than i5 in games. If just gaming go i5 , if rendering/photoshop go I7


    ^^^This also and another thing if money isnt a question and you want the i7 your better off puttung the extra $100+ into the graphics card and still getting a i5 4670k you will reap way more fps that way

    yes ..definatley..I already called evga and found they have an upgrade program if the card was purchased within 90 days..all you do is pay the diff for the upgrade card so I do plan on getting the 780i..
  6. yes good so far i would go for a better gpu with the i5 4670k and spend abit more on the graphics card can you link the components your looking at aswell from what shop you are going to buy from? ppl might be able to save you some money aswell and also you havent said what power supply you have chosen aswell?
  7. MadRetch said:
    yes good so far i would go for a better gpu with the i5 4670k and spend abit more on the graphics card can you link the components your looking at aswell from what shop you are going to buy from? ppl might be able to save you some money aswell and also you havent said what power supply you have chosen aswell?


    as far as the psu iam going to Use the one I have in my build now which is a corsair HX-650..is it enough?
  8. Best answer
    yes very good they had a 780ti running in the evga hadron and it has a 500w gold psu in it so ill say yes to that psu
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel i7 CPUs Intel i5