Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Which Video Card is Better??

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 17, 2014 6:25:12 PM

should i go with a xfx 7870
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

or an asus gtx 660
http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AS-660DC2O&c=C...

my processor is a fx 6300 and my resolution is 1440 x 900

More about : video card

a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2014 6:28:31 PM

7870
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2014 6:30:16 PM

7870.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 17, 2014 6:33:51 PM

alright tnx guys but if you could give me reasons why that would be awesome
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2014 6:34:15 PM

At that resolution, either will perform great. They will run any game you can throw at them. The gtx 660 has a few more features than the 7870 though such as physx, and streaming.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2014 6:39:55 PM

Justin Balagat said:
alright tnx guys but if you could give me reasons why that would be awesome


jrlawson said:
At that resolution, either will perform great. They will run any game you can throw at them. The gtx 660 has a few more features than the 7870 though such as physx, and streaming.


Radeon 7870 gets more FPS

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-r9-270-revie...

But like Jrlawson said the GTX 660 has physx and streaming, I can't remember all of what AMD and Nvidia this video might help better.
http://youtu.be/yG5dl_XEnck
Share
February 17, 2014 6:41:47 PM

tnx guys appreciate the help
m
0
l
February 17, 2014 6:46:59 PM

well i will be playing these games:
Battlefield 4
Ghosts
DayZ
Gmod
Arma
Nether
Crysis 3
Etc..
m
0
l
February 17, 2014 7:43:39 PM

barto said:
Again, they are pretty much equal in performance. If you like Nvidia, go with the 660. If you like AMD, go 7870. If you don't care, flip a coin.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-3-performanc...


Question: If you have an amd processor would you say go with the 7870 because they are matching brands or does that not matter.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2014 7:49:54 PM

jubih said:
barto said:
Again, they are pretty much equal in performance. If you like Nvidia, go with the 660. If you like AMD, go 7870. If you don't care, flip a coin.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/crysis-3-performanc...


Question: If you have an amd processor would you say go with the 7870 because they are matching brands or does that not matter.

Doesn't matter, but if you don't have a powerful CPU get AMD because of Mantle.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2014 7:50:42 PM

No connection to the processor, and the video card chip, as far as matching.
No need to even conciser that.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 17, 2014 8:03:58 PM

Agreed. You don't have to go with an AMD CPU if you don't want to. Simply get the most powerful CPU you can. Mantle will help (only in BF4 right now). But know, the performance % gains decrease with the strength of the CPU. So for example, with an AMD APU you can have a possible boost of 40% in performance. If you have a strong i5, the gains will be less than 10%. Now, don't think you should the APU simply because of the % gains. An FX CPU or an i5 will destroy the APU in every situation when there is a discrete GPU.
m
0
l
February 18, 2014 1:38:00 AM

7870. But I like nvidia so Id choose the 660, and nvidia has nvidia physics which makes games look so much cooler!
m
0
l
February 18, 2014 3:51:51 PM

so should i go with 660 or 7870 im counting all of the votes
m
0
l
February 19, 2014 5:15:29 AM

Honestly even though the 7870 is technically a tiny bit faster in benchmarks that don't include PhysX games by a few fps(5 at max). I would go with the GTX 660, just because the features are very nice. Especially shadowplay, which technically the best recording software in terms of Fps impact, and file size. It also let's you record at all times, and if you were to have done something memorable, you could record up to the last 20 minutes without really recording when you don't need it. It's honestly up to you, but as someone who records game play, I'd go with GTX 660.
m
0
l
February 19, 2014 4:54:38 PM

William2014 said:
Honestly even though the 7870 is technically a tiny bit faster in benchmarks that don't include PhysX games by a few fps(5 at max). I would go with the GTX 660, just because the features are very nice. Especially shadowplay, which technically the best recording software in terms of Fps impact, and file size. It also let's you record at all times, and if you were to have done something memorable, you could record up to the last 20 minutes without really recording when you don't need it. It's honestly up to you, but as someone who records game play, I'd go with GTX 660.


yeah i have a youtube channel and i havent posted for a long time because my computer broke and im using my phone right now for this so yeah i will consider that.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 2:55:45 PM

or should i go with 760
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2014 3:03:52 PM

For about $250 the gtx760 is the best bang for your buck.

It is better than the R9 270X, and it competes with cards up to $300.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 3:21:25 PM

millwright said:
For about $250 the gtx760 is the best bang for your buck.

It is better than the R9 270X, and it competes with cards up to $300.


tnx man i stretched out my budget a little and saw that i can afford it and i asked would there be any bottlenecking on some games my cpu is fx 6300
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2014 3:29:05 PM

There shouldn't be, and if there is it won't be much.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 3:34:56 PM

tnx appreciate the help
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2014 3:51:21 PM

It would be a $179 card if it wasn't for coin mining.

Glad I'm not buying a video card for a few months.
Hopefully coin mining will go away.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
February 20, 2014 3:58:15 PM

millwright said:
It would be a $179 card if it wasn't for coin mining.

Glad I'm not buying a video card for a few months.
Hopefully coin mining will go away.


I kinda liked how my GPU went up in price, I bought my GPU for $250 sold it for $375 and now I am getting a GTX 770 I had a Radeon 7950
m
0
l
!