Help HIS 7970 Overheating?

porze13

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
i have a reference HIS 7970 and when ever i play bf3 it always hit 90 C. is that safe and if not what are some way i can do to make it more cooler?

no thats too hot.anything above 85c its risky! for an reference card at stock speeds. make sure your tower is dust free and has good air flow. also check if the back of the gpu where the fan blows air out of it is also blocked(by dust) also monitor gpu fan utilization

porze13

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

thank you. do u think adding a 120mm fan under the card will cool it?

porze13

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

thank you. do u think adding a 120mm fan under the card will cool it?

if you have increased ambient temperature inside your tower better have an intake fan down in from of the tower and an exsaust on the upper back in order to achieve an good air flow , else you are and up recycling hot air. if you already have an intake an exsaust fan see if you can and another intake or replace them with bigger high-static pressure fans.
also if the bottom of the case has an opening you can put there an additional fan as an itake. what case do you have?

porze13

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

i have one of those old case (dont know the name) only has 2 fan one on the side and one at the back. the side is intake and the back is exhaust.
sometimes i open the side of my case to get air in.

i am thinking to get a case that has similar features like this one:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25_547&products_id=26155

will it help to cool the gpu?

thank you