Solved

Is the Intel Core i5-3570K or the Intel Core i5-4670K better?

Hi,
I'm doing my first pc build and I'm not sure wether it would be better to overklock the 3570K or the 4670K. Is the 4670K worth the extra 5-10 bucks?
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel core 3570k intel core 4670k
  1. Best answer
    Well,the Haswell has 5-10% performance improvement over the ivy. But there are certain situation the 4670K equals or perform slightly below the 3570K. But for overclocking, I think the ivy should be enough, since some say Haswells run hotter when overclocked.
  2. Thanks that was what I was leaning toward. I just wanted someone else's opinion.
  3. Happy to see I helped.. :)
  4. Get the 4670k. Its really not worth buying the older generation unless its considerably cheaper.
  5. Eventhough,some people say getting the Haswell gives you a chance to upgrade to broadwell in the future since they have the same LGA 1150 socket. But I doubt it, since there are articles where I read the broadwell has 14nm Lithography against the 22nm of Haswell. So which means you still may have to change the motherboard. So IMO, Ivy seems your best choice.
  6. dannylivesforher said:
    Eventhough,some people say getting the Haswell gives you a chance to upgrade to broadwell in the future since they have the same LGA 1150 socket. But I doubt it, since there are articles where I read the broadwell has 14nm Lithography against the 22nm of Haswell. So which means you still may have to change the motherboard. So IMO, Ivy seems your best choice.


    Why is Ivy a better choice when it performs worse, and isnt much cheaper?
  7. Yeah? That's because the OP want to overclock. If he's running at stock, who's to stop him from getting the Haswell? Know something? I upgraded from AMD to i5 4670...Note that it's the non-K version. That's because I don't want to overclock. If you compare the 3570K and 4670K at the stock, then of course the Haswell is better one with better efficiency and like I said having 5-10% better performance. But if you intend to overclock, then ivy is better in that area. And he said it's 10 bucks cheaper. So why not get that?
  8. dannylivesforher said:
    Yeah? That's because the OP want to overclock. If he's running at stock, who's to stop him from getting the Haswell? Know something? I upgraded from AMD to i5 4670...Note that it's the non-K version. That's because I don't want to overclock. If you compare the 3570K and 4670K at the stock, then of course the Haswell is better one with better efficiency and like I said having 5-10% better performance. But if you intend to overclock, then ivy is better in that area. And he said it's 10 bucks cheaper. So why not get that?


    How is it better? Ivy was hardly a great overclocker compared to Sandy. You might hit a slightly higher frequency with Ivy, but you will still likely get better performance with Haswell.
  9. Haswell vs Ivy....Ivy tends to be the better overclocker. Well, the ivy at the same speed as that of the haswell may not beat the Haswell. But clock it a little higher and it will,even by a slight margin.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2013/06/12/intel-core-i5-4670k-haswell-cpu-review/5
    And,when you say better performance,it's some 2-3 fps in gaming. Who's to care?
  10. dannylivesforher said:
    Haswell vs Ivy....Ivy tends to be the better overclocker. Well, the ivy at the same speed as that of the haswell may not beat the Haswell. But clock it a little higher and it will,even by a slight margin.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2013/06/12/intel-core-i5-4670k-haswell-cpu-review/5
    And,when you say better performance,it's some 2-3 fps in gaming. Who's to care?


    Look at your own link. In a CPU intensive game like Total War the Ivy needs 400mhz more to get the same performance.
  11. Did I say ivy did that on the same speed as the Haswell? Ivy needs higher speeds, but actually it's a little bit cheaper. That was why I said he could get the ivy. I was never saying Haswell was a bad choice,even I have it on my PC like I said before. But those 2 or 3 frames advantage for some extra bucks is not worth it. Haswell was not much improved in comparison to the ivy. If he wants noticeably high improvement, then Id suggest waiting for the upcoming Broadwell CPUs.
  12. dannylivesforher said:
    Did I say ivy did that on the same speed as the Haswell? Ivy needs higher speeds, but actually it's a little bit cheaper. That was why I said he could get the ivy. I was never saying Haswell was a bad choice,even I have it on my PC like I said before. But those 2 or 3 frames advantage for some extra bucks is not worth it. Haswell was not much improved in comparison to the ivy. If he wants noticeably high improvement, then Id suggest waiting for the upcoming Broadwell CPUs.


    Well, I disagree. For the difference in price, I think its crazy to buy the old tech.
  13. Actually the Haswell needs higher voltage to achieve higher clocks which means more heat and need of a better cooler. I'm not saying ivy doesn't need a cooler. Though, haswell seems to produce some extra heat. I don't know much about overclocking, so I don't say anything about that. Anyway, it all depends on the individual. I just stated my opinion and so did you. it's upto the OP, the decision.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Core Intel Intel i5