Solved

What power supply should I use for SLIed EVGA Gtx 760 oc ACX

Greetings community!

I know absolutely NOTHING about PSUs.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131874 is my mobo

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130932 is the video card.

I plan on overclocking both cards 90 on their core clocks and 600 on the mem clocks (I am running this OC profile using precision X with a single card right now and have 100 system stability with a 550w power supply. In Precision X I do have overvoltage enabled and set to 12.0 mv)
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power supply slied evga gtx 760 acx
  1. Best answer
    Made by SEASONIC.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    Power Supply: Antec HCG M 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $79.99
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-18 10:50 EST-0500)


    OR


    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($99.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $99.99
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-18 10:51 EST-0500)
  2. 550w won't be enough. You would need at least a nice 650w. Here is a seasonic 750w that is on sale for a great price:

    http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16817151120
  3. thdarkshadow said:
    550w won't be enough. You would need at least a nice 650w. Here is a seasonic 750w that is on sale for a great price:

    http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16817151120


    550 is enough. Where did you see that it wasn't?
  4. 550w if decent quality is plenty for a single 760 card setup.
  5. Thanks for all the solutions! I've decided upon this: http://www.frys.com/product/7801609?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

    for my power supply for my SLI setup
  6. ImPrettyIrish said:
    thdarkshadow said:
    550w won't be enough. You would need at least a nice 650w. Here is a seasonic 750w that is on sale for a great price:

    http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16817151120


    550 is enough. Where did you see that it wasn't?


    550w for a single card is fine but not for sli, I would recommend a 750w
  7. The CX750 is a budget power supply with cheap capacitors and lacks 2 needed PCIE connections.

    PCI-Express Connector
    2 x 6-Pin

    You need 2 - 6+2 and 2 - 6pin


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051

    Has the right connections on the newer semi-modular version.


    4 - 6+2
  8. I own the cx750 and just bought the seasonic I linked to replace it. The CX is loud and while it powers my system I wouldn't do sli 760s with it. Not saying it can't power it just I wouldn't. And for $90 you can get a better PSU
  9. 06yfz450ridr said:
    ImPrettyIrish said:
    thdarkshadow said:
    550w won't be enough. You would need at least a nice 650w. Here is a seasonic 750w that is on sale for a great price:

    http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16817151120


    550 is enough. Where did you see that it wasn't?


    550w for a single card is fine but not for sli, I would recommend a 750w


    SR-71 Blackbird said:
    The CX750 is a budget power supply with cheap capacitors and lacks 2 needed PCIE connections.

    PCI-Express Connector
    2 x 6-Pin

    You need 2 - 6+2 and 2 - 6pin


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051

    Has the right connections on the newer semi-modular version.


    4 - 6+2


    Would http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139055 work? I'm a bit of a corsair fanboy.

    Edit---> I just saw your edit. Would you say the difference in price is worth the power efficiency? I'm not adverse to spending a bit more for an all around better product.
  10. Yes , that is a great choice.
  11. SR-71 Blackbird said:
    Yes , that is a great choice.


    Thank you for your wisdom oh great blackbird!

    Another visit to Tomshardware, another question answered!
  12. Glad to help thanks for posting on the forum!!!!!!!!!!
  13. That's a good psu but it's listed as $130 and the better seasonic that I linked is $120 after the promo code and before another $20 mail in rebate making it $99 after the mail in. The platinum series by seasonic are some of the best power supplies money can buy. Just a thought. Now if you can get that rm750 for less it is also great just not quite as good
Ask a new question

Read More

Gtx EVGA Graphics Power Supplies Graphics Cards