7850 2GB is getting hotter and louder all of the sudden

Wanrik

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013
Hi!
I own a Sapphire 7850 2GB GPU and it's been great so far! I've been able to play games like PlanetSide 2,Max Payne 3 and GTA IV at high settings without any problems. Just a few days ago while playing a modpack for Minecraft with friends the PC became very loud. I didn't care too much for it as i was hosting the server and playing on it at the same time and blamed it on the temperature of my room. This has been happening with every game so far so I downloaded SpeedFan and found out that my GPU's temperature above 60 C in PlanetSide 2. This has never happened before so I would like to know what's possibly going wrong an what I can do to stop it.
Also,can the problem be solved by installing the latest 14.1 beta drivers?
Thank you for your time!

Solution
60c is pretty cool for a GPU... It only really becomes an issue at 90c+... You might want to clean out the card... It might have dust causing the card to run a bit hotter which in turn causes your fans to ramp up which will produce more noise. But as i said 60c is pretty cool for GPUs if noise is your only issue you could lower the fan curve a bit your temps will go up but you are far from being too "hot", i like to keep mine at max ~70c.
60c is pretty cool for a GPU... It only really becomes an issue at 90c+... You might want to clean out the card... It might have dust causing the card to run a bit hotter which in turn causes your fans to ramp up which will produce more noise. But as i said 60c is pretty cool for GPUs if noise is your only issue you could lower the fan curve a bit your temps will go up but you are far from being too "hot", i like to keep mine at max ~70c.

Solution

Wanrik

Honorable
Apr 13, 2013

Thank you very much for the help :)
I wasn't aware of the temperatures. I'm not too experienced with computers so I thought it was a terrible thing haha.