Solved

Nighthawk AC1900 Port Forwarding Not Working

I have successfully setup port forwarding on several routers but for some reason with my new Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 I cannot get it working. Everything seems to work when I test locally by using the external ip address and port, but when I actually am outside my local network I cannot connect. Any thoughts?
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about nighthawk ac1900 port forwarding working
  1. I am having the exact same problem... I called customer service and said "Hi, everything is working except i cannot seem to forward a port." And the woman who barely spoke English said "Is it plugged into your modem?" WOW. OK, so this is how it's going to go? Well, then we were disconnected and I didn't feel like calling back. I have been in a queue forever for live chat... let you know if I come up with anything.
  2. medicrx said:
    I am having the exact same problem... I called customer service and said "Hi, everything is working except i cannot seem to forward a port." And the woman who barely spoke English said "Is it plugged into your modem?" WOW. OK, so this is how it's going to go? Well, then we were disconnected and I didn't feel like calling back. I have been in a queue forever for live chart... let you know if I come up with anything.


    Sorry, but I am LOL in my cube! Yes, been there done that.
  3. So I spent about 3 hours in chat with a tech.... about an hour of that was them asking a hundred useless questions to make sure my question about port forwarding was really what i needed to do. Anyway, to make a looooong story short, they told me that my router was defective and to exchange it. I don't think that is the problem, but I will be exchanging in a few days. Will let you know if that solves the problem (not likely).
  4. P.S. There is a new firmware out today... it didn't help LOL
  5. medicrx said:
    P.S. There is a new firmware out today... it didn't help LOL


    Thanks, for the updates. It's cheap entertainment. ;-)
    When I get a chance, I will go back into debugging mode. I am weary of updating firmware and breaking what already works. You are braver than I.
  6. Best answer
    Success. I've been tinkering for a few days. I did not return the router. Somewhere with the firmware update and re-adding the port forwards it worked. The last thing I did after adding the port forwards was to reboot. There is nothing that says you need to reboot after adding them but i did and then everything worked. Firmware? maybe. Rebooting after adding? maybe. Give them a try. The new firmware is V1.0.3.24_1.1.20. Don't forget to save your settings before just in case. You can always rolls back. Good luck!
  7. medicrx said:
    Success. I've been tinkering for a few days. I did not return the router. Somewhere with the firmware update and re-adding the port forwards it worked. The last thing I did after adding the port forwards was to reboot. There is nothing that says you need to reboot after adding them but i did and then everything worked. Firmware? maybe. Rebooting after adding? maybe. Give them a try. The new firmware is V1.0.3.24_1.1.20. Don't forget to save your settings before just in case. You can always rolls back. Good luck!


    This is good news (at least for you). I will give it a try and post my results.
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers Netgear Networking Port Forwarding