HD 6670 compatibility.

JoHubb

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Hello!

Is an HD 6670 graphics card compatible with GA EP45-UD3P? This PC is not for gaming - mostly for internet browsing, MS Word, Powerpoint, and family photos.

I run W7 x64 (4GB DDR2) with Radeon 4400 at the moment and it struggles a bit - slow response in FF. Photos look washed out where they were not washed out before. Power supply 5 years old and rated at 650W. CPU: Q6600 2.40 GHz.

Thanks for help.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
The card will work fine. Be sure to un-install the old gfx driver first, then swap cards. Then install the new gxf driver.
But I doubt the new card will give you the improvement in speed you want. You have an old system that may be struggling with Win7 and those demanding pgms. And your system may be slowed down with registry errors, junk files, and resource-wasting crap that has built up over the years. Give CCleaner a try. Do the Clean and Registry portions both. You may have to run it more than once if your system is badly corrupted. It is totally safe.
https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

JoHubb

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Thanks to both.

I use CCleaner already and the old thing runs W7 x64 amazingly well. The card takes a beating though so I want to replace it - the 6670 comes in at a good price and offers the possibility of a decent improvement over the 4400.