Solved

Intel Core i5 4670 to i74770k?

Hey! I have this Asus G10AC desktop computer, and i have noticed that the processor isn't the best. I am running it with a "GTX 780" and 32GB of ram. So i am planning to upgrade to the Intel Core i7 4770K from the stock processor Intel Core i5 4670. Is this possible?

-Thanks
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel core 4670 i74770k
  1. Yes of course but 4670 also good processor so what's wrong with your processor?
    http://www.asus.com/Desktops/G10AC/#specifications
  2. Yes its possible..but
    1) if ur pc is mostly for gaming then no need to upgrade.
    2) if u use it for video editing or some cpu based applications then maybe u should upgarde.
    3) If u have z87 motherboard then only u should buy i7 4770K or else buy i7 4770.
    4) If u have lots of money lying around then surely go for it, dont bother to ask around..:):):)
    Hope I helped.
  3. yes but if your PC was built for gaming then you won't notice any difference but if you are doin some video editing job then the i7 will help a lot
  4. Your stock MOBO is H87 that means its not overclockable.If you want to upgrade to i7-4770k u should buy a z87 mobo too...but i dont understand why u need to upgrade?i5-4670 is pretty good cpu and if u are only playing games u dont need more,
  5. Thanks for your help! So you say that i don't have to upgrade. Well the norwegian store said that if i were going to get more out of the computer, i should buy the i7 4770K. but it seems like you know more about it. :P
  6. killerswit2013 said:
    Yes its possible..but
    1) if ur pc is mostly for gaming then no need to upgrade.
    2) if u use it for video editing or some cpu based applications then maybe u should upgarde.
    3) If u have z87 motherboard then only u should buy i7 4770K or else buy i7 4770.
    4) If u have lots of money lying around then surely go for it, dont bother to ask around..:):):)
    Hope I helped.


    I don't have a lot of money lying around. but sure, i am using it for After Effects and graphics desgin to.
  7. You will get more performance from 4770k.
    The thing is gaming dont require and wont utilize the extra performance, so you are ending up with unused performance.
  8. vmN said:
    You will get more performance from 4770k.
    The thing is gaming dont require and wont utilize the extra performance, so you are ending up with unused performance.


    As i said, i am going to use it for graphics design and video editing :)
  9. Best answer
    then it might be useful, but then the question is are you willing to pay for it?

    My recommendations will be keep what you have for a few generations(as they should still do incredible fine) and then change into a newer architecture.
  10. vmN said:
    then it might be useful, but then the question is are you willing to pay for it?

    My recommendations will be keep what you have for a few generations(as they should still do incredible fine) and then change into a newer architecture.


    Thank you! Then i want to listen to you!
Ask a new question

Read More

Core Desktops Intel Computers CPUs Nvidia Asus Processors