Solved

[urgent] Did I damage my PC (more specifically my motherboard)?

Hey guys one of my PSU's molex adapters doesn't quite fit into the fans molex adapter and it was sticking out and touched the back of the inside of my case :0 little sparks flew and the PC shut down ( I assume the PSU shorted) but now everything turned on fine and has been running.... were my motherboard and all the things on it saved by the standoffs or should I be concerned and watching my temps more closely?
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about urgent damage specifically motherboard
  1. Best answer
    If like you said the adapter only touched the back of the case and you have all MB standoffs, then the MB /the components will be fine. Also the PSU has the short-circuit protection too if your PSU has one then it is fine too.
  2. cin19 said:
    If like you said the adapter only touched the back of the case and you have all MB standoffs, then the MB /the components will be fine. Also the PSU has the short-circuit protection too if your PSU has one then it is fine too.


    Awesome to hear since everything is running great and im very OCD about have all the standoffs in place ..... should I monitor temps or should I be fine?
  3. Yes, you always need to monitor the temp even you don't have this happening. I used the "core temp" to do it all the time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Shutdown Motherboards