2133 MHz Ram with AMD A10 6800k

Justin Kentzel

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
Ok so I'm going to school to to get certified to be an IT systems engineer and right now I want to learn as much as I can on building a budget gaming rig.

Right now I have all my parts. It's built and I usually only play DayZ Standalone on my A6 laptop.

I've been reading that top of the line RAM increases performance of AMD's APU's. So here are my specs and I will get to my problem afterwards.

Like-new Antec Mini P180 Case I got for $25 (amazing deal and perfect timing) at a garage sale with an intake fan I installed in the top front bay.

ASUS F2A55-M FM2 Socket motherboard. (Supports up to 2400 MHz RAM.)

AMD A10 6800k Richland APU Black Edition (using stock heatsync and fan it came with, due to being broke)

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM (PC3 17000)

Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm HDD

Windows 8.1 Pro (I got it free because I work at geek squad and took a test to get it for free. Might as well use it)

So my main problem is... The 2133 MHz ram I purchased defaults at 1600 MHz and gives you the option in the advanced section to change it to 2133 MHz. But when I did that, I booted to windows and all I got were lines on the screen. The new school BIOS on the MB is a little confusing to me as I have never really dipped in to overclocking or anything of that nature.

Why won't the RAM default to 2133 like it's supposed to? The board and APU obviously support it.

Also, while playing DayZ on this new rig... The APU gets up to 61 degrees Celsius while running around in the game and if I stop moving it starts cooling down to about 52 degrees. Is all my problem just the stock cooler?

I have an intake fan in the front, outtake fan in the back and very large outtake fan at the top.

Any answers would be appreciated.

Solution
Boot to BIOS, look for DOCP, EOCP or XMP, enable that, select 2133, then look for the CPU/NB voltage (which is the MC voltage) set it to 1.28, look for DRAM voltage prob want that at 1.65 then try and boot to Win

Justin Kentzel

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

I think I tried that by manually setting it to 2133, then it made windows unstable. Is there something I'm missing?

Justin Kentzel

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

Thanks I'll give that a shot when I get back home.

Justin Kentzel

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014

It worked and windows is now stable! Thank you. The only thing though, just to make sure they were actually clocked to 2133...I used a couple programs to check...Here's the screenshot.

http://

The both say each stick is running around 800 MHz. The BIOS says they are at 2133 though....wth?

Wouldn't they each need to be at 1066.5 or 2133 each?

I have to say this stuff is interesting and I have much to learn about RAM.

zudotekari

Reputable
Feb 2, 2015
Yes, Same here, (Although mine is a desktop) A10 6800K APU, Mobo A88XM-P33 RAM 8GB 1806 MHz, When using CPU-Z Its only showing 800 MHz but for NB Frequency its around 1800 MHz. Why is that??

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Should start your own thread, this is about a year old and include the model # of the DRAM

TRENDING THREADS