Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

Whenever I play the Walking Dead, and only that, my computer shuts down. I can't find any errors on the event log. Why does th

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Games
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 19, 2014 5:50:16 PM

I have looked for as many possibilities for fixing this as I could. Whenever I open this ONE game (The Walking Dead) I play well for 5-20min, then, my computer shuts down unexpectedly. None of that happens with my other games. My Systems specifics surpass the minimal requirements. I don't know what to do, so I need help.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.2GHz, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processors, 6.00 GB RAM, 5.91 GB Physical MEmory

More about : play walking dead computer shuts find errors event log

February 19, 2014 5:55:19 PM

Provide us your GPU and we can further pinpoint the error. It can be an overheat error....
m
0
l
February 23, 2014 12:19:41 PM

FractalDesignCore said:
Provide us your GPU and we can further pinpoint the error. It can be an overheat error....

"System Information"
------------------
Time of this report: 2/21/2014, 23:16:36
Machine name: OWNER-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite P755
BIOS: BIOS Date: 10/30/12 12:13:27 Ver: AMI APTIO 2.80
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6050MB RAM
Page File: 3058MB used, 9040MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_FC301179&REV_09
Display Memory: 1696 MB
Dedicated Memory: 64 MB
Shared Memory: 1632 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (30Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: FUNAI TV
Monitor Id: FNI0000
Native Mode: 1280 x 720(p) (60.000Hz)
Output Type: HDMI
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: LGD02DC
Native Mode: 1366 x 768(p) (59.996Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumdx32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver File Version: 8.15.0010.2430 (English)
Driver Version: 8.15.10.2430
DDI Version: 10.1
Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/27/2011 08:55:46, 8296960 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:
Device Identifier: {D7B78E66-4256-11CF-B77B-3ADCA9C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x8086
Device ID: 0x0116
SubSys ID: 0xFC301179
Revision ID: 0x0009

m
0
l
February 24, 2014 6:04:00 PM

Possibly could be the monitor, or the gpu is too outdated. You seem to have 6 gigs of ram, which should be more than enough to run it. Your processers is quite old, and may not meet the specifications for the game.
Let me ask you, what graphics settings is the game at?
When does the computer shout off?
Does your laptop tend to get very hot while this occurs?
What other games do you play?
m
0
l
February 26, 2014 3:59:15 PM

Mooshroom said:
Possibly could be the monitor, or the gpu is too outdated. You seem to have 6 gigs of ram, which should be more than enough to run it. Your processers is quite old, and may not meet the specifications for the game.
Let me ask you, what graphics settings is the game at?
When does the computer shout off?
Does your laptop tend to get very hot while this occurs?
What other games do you play?

Every graphics option in-game is at its lowest.
After a while of playing (3min-20min, it varies)
Yes, it does.
Octodad, Super Meat Boy, Team Fortress 2, Facade, Mc Pixel, and Surgeon Simulator 2013
m
0
l

Best solution

February 27, 2014 6:22:51 AM

brickpete said:
Mooshroom said:
Possibly could be the monitor, or the gpu is too outdated. You seem to have 6 gigs of ram, which should be more than enough to run it. Your processers is quite old, and may not meet the specifications for the game.
Let me ask you, what graphics settings is the game at?
When does the computer shout off?
Does your laptop tend to get very hot while this occurs?
What other games do you play?

Every graphics option in-game is at its lowest.
After a while of playing (3min-20min, it varies)
Yes, it does.
Octodad, Super Meat Boy, Team Fortress 2, Facade, Mc Pixel, and Surgeon Simulator 2013

Seeing that it gets very hot, it could be a few things.
It could be working the graphics card too much, when a graphics card gets too hot, it shut the computer down to prevent any internal damage. So, make sure that the fan(s) are working.
This could be a cpu problems aswell. Seeing that your cpu is getting old, then it's possible that the developers did not optimize the game for a generation of your computer. Either it's making your cpu overheat, or causing it to fail, because it doesn't know how to operate the cores correctly.
Either way, I would suggest you look into a new computer. You need to be careful with whats going on so that you do not burn out your computer, because that wouldn't be fun.
Hope I helped,
Mooshroom
Share