Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will a bad cpu paired with a good gpu equate to gaming?

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Intel i5
  • CPUs
  • Graphics Cards
  • GPUs
  • Intel
Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 19, 2014 8:16:25 PM

Right now I have an i5 2400 paired with a GTX 650.
If I upgraded to a GTX 570, 660, 670, or a 760 would the performance increase be good or not because of the not so good cpu?

Also note that I can't upgrade both my cpu and my gpu, only 1

More about : bad cpu paired good gpu equate gaming

a b 4 Gaming
a c 128 à CPUs
a c 99 U Graphics card
a b å Intel
February 19, 2014 8:20:22 PM

Generally, low end CPU will bottleneck good GPU. i5 2400 is not that bad at all. You can opt for GTX 760 in your case.
m
0
l
a c 305 4 Gaming
a c 506 à CPUs
a c 86 U Graphics card
a c 118 å Intel
February 19, 2014 8:20:48 PM

Uh.... your cpu is a lot better than your video card. A GTX 760 would turn your system into a very good gaming PC.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 19, 2014 8:40:50 PM

EasyLover said:
Generally, low end CPU will bottleneck good GPU. i5 2400 is not that bad at all. You can opt for GTX 760 in your case.


CTurbo said:
Uh.... your cpu is a lot better than your video card. A GTX 760 would turn your system into a very good gaming PC.

Oh that's good to hear, usually I hear of people having i7 3770k or i5 3570k in their builds so I mostly just assumed that a i5 2400 wouldn't handle those cards as good

m
0
l
February 19, 2014 8:42:29 PM

Another question which gpu should I buy for the best value? Like is a GTX 760 worth the extra money over the GTX 660?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 305 4 Gaming
a c 506 à CPUs
a c 86 U Graphics card
a c 118 å Intel
February 19, 2014 8:52:31 PM

Yes it is. The GTX 760 is a pretty good value too.
Share
February 19, 2014 8:55:04 PM

CTurbo said:
Yes it is. The GTX 760 is a pretty good value too.


Thank you, I'll buy it then :) 
m
0
l
!