Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

A Question about the GTX 770

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 20, 2014 12:30:42 AM

Question - would there be any problems if i had 4 gtx 770's,and 2 27 inch monitors? with a I7 4770k processor? and a 1250w PSU would there be any problems and can the power supply like power everything?,thanks

More about : question gtx 770

a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 12:35:06 AM

Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 12:42:42 AM

RulesSpew said:
Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
theres this problem,we dont really have that kind of gpu in the philippines because we're kind of a poor country and theres like 1-5 gamers that have high-end computers in one city? so the best graphics card on the shop i would buy on is the 770 im asking if there would be a problem if i bought 4 with a 1250w psu you can help me and pick here http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphics-card.html

m
0
l
Related resources
February 20, 2014 12:44:26 AM

If you do buy 770's make sure you get the 4GB version
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 1:09:37 AM

WIll you be getting 1080p or 1440p monitors? 2GB should be enough for 1080p.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 1:12:39 AM

bumnut53 said:
WIll you be getting 1080p or 1440p monitors? 2GB should be enough for 1080p.


It will be enough*
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 1:15:13 AM

Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
theres this problem,we dont really have that kind of gpu in the philippines because we're kind of a poor country and theres like 1-5 gamers that have high-end computers in one city? so the best graphics card on the shop i would buy on is the 770 im asking if there would be a problem if i bought 4 with a 1250w psu you can help me and pick here http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphics-card.html



I'll be honest, 2 way SLI is the most effective with the most performance, the second graphics card will add 80% of the performance not 100%, the 3rd one will add 60%
With 4 ones I saw lacks of performance with some graphics card, Titan/Gtx780/780 ti, there was almost no performance increase with the 4th one.

That's not really needed mate, 3x 770 will get you like 140 fps on any games at max, you should not really be afraid of that
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 1:16:54 AM

I recommend MSI 770 with an MSI motherboard
You might get the max from the SLI configuration in the motherboard bios :) 

Even with a 4x SLI, but that's really really not needed!
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 1:23:19 AM

RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
theres this problem,we dont really have that kind of gpu in the philippines because we're kind of a poor country and theres like 1-5 gamers that have high-end computers in one city? so the best graphics card on the shop i would buy on is the 770 im asking if there would be a problem if i bought 4 with a 1250w psu you can help me and pick here http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphics-card.html



I'll be honest, 2 way SLI is the most effective with the most performance, the second graphics card will add 80% of the performance not 100%, the 3rd one will add 60%
With 4 ones I saw lacks of performance with some graphics card, Titan/Gtx780/780 ti, there was almost no performance increase with the 4th one.

That's not really needed mate, 3x 770 will get you like 140 fps on any games at max, you should not really be afraid of that
so if i buy 4 one of them wont give anything i mean performance or something,and whats the recommended power supply for atleast 3x 770's a 4770k i7 processor 2 27 inch monitors a cooler and more so i wont have any trouble,and you mean on that thing you said that i can run any game with 140+Fps? even crysis or any other game that has a graphics mod?,and im getting an asus maximus VI extreme because thats the best one in the shop where i will buy.

m
0
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 1:31:05 AM

Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
theres this problem,we dont really have that kind of gpu in the philippines because we're kind of a poor country and theres like 1-5 gamers that have high-end computers in one city? so the best graphics card on the shop i would buy on is the 770 im asking if there would be a problem if i bought 4 with a 1250w psu you can help me and pick here http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphics-card.html



I'll be honest, 2 way SLI is the most effective with the most performance, the second graphics card will add 80% of the performance not 100%, the 3rd one will add 60%
With 4 ones I saw lacks of performance with some graphics card, Titan/Gtx780/780 ti, there was almost no performance increase with the 4th one.

That's not really needed mate, 3x 770 will get you like 140 fps on any games at max, you should not really be afraid of that
so if i buy 4 one of them wont give anything i mean performance or something,and whats the recommended power supply for atleast 3x 770's a 4770k i7 processor 2 27 inch monitors a cooler and more so i wont have any trouble,and you mean on that thing you said that i can run any game with 140+Fps? even crysis or any other game that has a graphics mod?,and im getting an asus maximus VI extreme because thats the best one in the shop where i will buy.



The 4th one will give you minimum performance increase, many games don't support 4 way SLI!
A 850W+ platinum/gold power supply from Antec or Seasonic if you have that in your country.
A single 770 takes crysis 3 to 50 fps at max, 3 of them will have surelly more than 100. Btw you won't notice any difference if it's more than 60 fps!

Also for monitors, if you are pure into gaming, take a 144Hz monitor! To use that advantage of 60+ fps :) 
Share
February 20, 2014 1:47:07 AM

RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
theres this problem,we dont really have that kind of gpu in the philippines because we're kind of a poor country and theres like 1-5 gamers that have high-end computers in one city? so the best graphics card on the shop i would buy on is the 770 im asking if there would be a problem if i bought 4 with a 1250w psu you can help me and pick here http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphics-card.html



I'll be honest, 2 way SLI is the most effective with the most performance, the second graphics card will add 80% of the performance not 100%, the 3rd one will add 60%
With 4 ones I saw lacks of performance with some graphics card, Titan/Gtx780/780 ti, there was almost no performance increase with the 4th one.

That's not really needed mate, 3x 770 will get you like 140 fps on any games at max, you should not really be afraid of that
so if i buy 4 one of them wont give anything i mean performance or something,and whats the recommended power supply for atleast 3x 770's a 4770k i7 processor 2 27 inch monitors a cooler and more so i wont have any trouble,and you mean on that thing you said that i can run any game with 140+Fps? even crysis or any other game that has a graphics mod?,and im getting an asus maximus VI extreme because thats the best one in the shop where i will buy.



The 4th one will give you minimum performance increase, many games don't support 4 way SLI!
A 850W+ platinum/gold power supply from Antec or Seasonic if you have that in your country.
A single 770 takes crysis 3 to 50 fps at max, 3 of them will have surelly more than 100. Btw you won't notice any difference if it's more than 60 fps!

Also for monitors, if you are pure into gaming, take a 144Hz monitor! To use that advantage of 60+ fps :) 
about that 144hz monitor thing we dont have that the max is 60hz i think? so i'll have 2 27 inch so it'll count as 120hz? or not,if i buy 4 gtx 770's what would be the power requirement be? and is this psu enough? http://pcx.com.ph/zalman-zm-1250-1250w-80-platinum-sli-... or this one http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply/antec/antec-h...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 1:54:50 AM

Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
theres this problem,we dont really have that kind of gpu in the philippines because we're kind of a poor country and theres like 1-5 gamers that have high-end computers in one city? so the best graphics card on the shop i would buy on is the 770 im asking if there would be a problem if i bought 4 with a 1250w psu you can help me and pick here http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphics-card.html



I'll be honest, 2 way SLI is the most effective with the most performance, the second graphics card will add 80% of the performance not 100%, the 3rd one will add 60%
With 4 ones I saw lacks of performance with some graphics card, Titan/Gtx780/780 ti, there was almost no performance increase with the 4th one.

That's not really needed mate, 3x 770 will get you like 140 fps on any games at max, you should not really be afraid of that
so if i buy 4 one of them wont give anything i mean performance or something,and whats the recommended power supply for atleast 3x 770's a 4770k i7 processor 2 27 inch monitors a cooler and more so i wont have any trouble,and you mean on that thing you said that i can run any game with 140+Fps? even crysis or any other game that has a graphics mod?,and im getting an asus maximus VI extreme because thats the best one in the shop where i will buy.



The 4th one will give you minimum performance increase, many games don't support 4 way SLI!
A 850W+ platinum/gold power supply from Antec or Seasonic if you have that in your country.
A single 770 takes crysis 3 to 50 fps at max, 3 of them will have surelly more than 100. Btw you won't notice any difference if it's more than 60 fps!

Also for monitors, if you are pure into gaming, take a 144Hz monitor! To use that advantage of 60+ fps :) 
about that 144hz monitor thing we dont have that the max is 60hz i think? so i'll have 2 27 inch so it'll count as 120hz? or not,if i buy 4 gtx 770's what would be the power requirement be? and is this psu enough? http://pcx.com.ph/zalman-zm-1250-1250w-80-platinum-sli-... or this one http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply/antec/antec-h...


It doesn't work like that lol!
One is 60 second is also 60, you must have 120Hz on a single monitor to see the difference
4x 770 will work ok with your power supply.
1200W+ will be more than enough!

But as I say, 4x is not worth, but go as you wish :) , your system will work very well, i migh say you will have one of a hell performing machine
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 1:59:57 AM

RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
theres this problem,we dont really have that kind of gpu in the philippines because we're kind of a poor country and theres like 1-5 gamers that have high-end computers in one city? so the best graphics card on the shop i would buy on is the 770 im asking if there would be a problem if i bought 4 with a 1250w psu you can help me and pick here http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphics-card.html



I'll be honest, 2 way SLI is the most effective with the most performance, the second graphics card will add 80% of the performance not 100%, the 3rd one will add 60%
With 4 ones I saw lacks of performance with some graphics card, Titan/Gtx780/780 ti, there was almost no performance increase with the 4th one.

That's not really needed mate, 3x 770 will get you like 140 fps on any games at max, you should not really be afraid of that
so if i buy 4 one of them wont give anything i mean performance or something,and whats the recommended power supply for atleast 3x 770's a 4770k i7 processor 2 27 inch monitors a cooler and more so i wont have any trouble,and you mean on that thing you said that i can run any game with 140+Fps? even crysis or any other game that has a graphics mod?,and im getting an asus maximus VI extreme because thats the best one in the shop where i will buy.



The 4th one will give you minimum performance increase, many games don't support 4 way SLI!
A 850W+ platinum/gold power supply from Antec or Seasonic if you have that in your country.
A single 770 takes crysis 3 to 50 fps at max, 3 of them will have surelly more than 100. Btw you won't notice any difference if it's more than 60 fps!

Also for monitors, if you are pure into gaming, take a 144Hz monitor! To use that advantage of 60+ fps :) 
about that 144hz monitor thing we dont have that the max is 60hz i think? so i'll have 2 27 inch so it'll count as 120hz? or not,if i buy 4 gtx 770's what would be the power requirement be? and is this psu enough? http://pcx.com.ph/zalman-zm-1250-1250w-80-platinum-sli-... or this one http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply/antec/antec-h...


It doesn't work like that lol!
One is 60 second is also 60, you must have 120Hz on a single monitor to see the difference
4x 770 will work ok with your power supply.
1200W+ will be more than enough!

But as I say, 4x is not worth, but go as you wish :) , your system will work very well, i migh say you will have one of a hell performing machine
kinda sucks tho,in my country theres no gtx 690s and gtx titans, no monitors that you just suggested,its very rare here because the computer parts just come from packages from other people i think,so thanks about that im buying 4 because you know some games supports 4 way sli,and hope to see my pc soon i'll get it in April 14 or 15 i think? thanks for the answers tho and for replying whenever i reply to you :p  thanks again,one last question tho for those 2 power supplies that i just told you to pick from what do you think is better?

m
0
l
February 20, 2014 2:22:29 AM

RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Alexis92 said:
RulesSpew said:
Hey

A single 770 consumpts 250W at it's max
In an SLI you won't use them at max, not all of them so it won't consumpt some crazy 1000W!
btw why do you need 4x 770's? Get 2x 780 ti and you will have a lot more performance and lower consumption!

1250W would be more than sufficient
theres this problem,we dont really have that kind of gpu in the philippines because we're kind of a poor country and theres like 1-5 gamers that have high-end computers in one city? so the best graphics card on the shop i would buy on is the 770 im asking if there would be a problem if i bought 4 with a 1250w psu you can help me and pick here http://pcx.com.ph/components/graphics-card.html



I'll be honest, 2 way SLI is the most effective with the most performance, the second graphics card will add 80% of the performance not 100%, the 3rd one will add 60%
With 4 ones I saw lacks of performance with some graphics card, Titan/Gtx780/780 ti, there was almost no performance increase with the 4th one.

That's not really needed mate, 3x 770 will get you like 140 fps on any games at max, you should not really be afraid of that
so if i buy 4 one of them wont give anything i mean performance or something,and whats the recommended power supply for atleast 3x 770's a 4770k i7 processor 2 27 inch monitors a cooler and more so i wont have any trouble,and you mean on that thing you said that i can run any game with 140+Fps? even crysis or any other game that has a graphics mod?,and im getting an asus maximus VI extreme because thats the best one in the shop where i will buy.



The 4th one will give you minimum performance increase, many games don't support 4 way SLI!
A 850W+ platinum/gold power supply from Antec or Seasonic if you have that in your country.
A single 770 takes crysis 3 to 50 fps at max, 3 of them will have surelly more than 100. Btw you won't notice any difference if it's more than 60 fps!

Also for monitors, if you are pure into gaming, take a 144Hz monitor! To use that advantage of 60+ fps :) 
about that 144hz monitor thing we dont have that the max is 60hz i think? so i'll have 2 27 inch so it'll count as 120hz? or not,if i buy 4 gtx 770's what would be the power requirement be? and is this psu enough? http://pcx.com.ph/zalman-zm-1250-1250w-80-platinum-sli-... or this one http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply/antec/antec-h...


It doesn't work like that lol!
One is 60 second is also 60, you must have 120Hz on a single monitor to see the difference
4x 770 will work ok with your power supply.
1200W+ will be more than enough!

But as I say, 4x is not worth, but go as you wish :) , your system will work very well, i migh say you will have one of a hell performing machine
im waiting for an answer tho on which is better. this http://pcx.com.ph/zalman-zm-1250-1250w-80-platinum-sli-... or this one http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply/antec/antec-h...

m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 2:27:10 AM

I would choose the Antec PSU over zalman.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 2:48:55 AM

vmN said:
I would choose the Antec PSU over zalman.
how come?

m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 2:49:42 AM

Antec in general make higher quality PSUs.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 3:19:17 AM

vmN said:
Antec in general make higher quality PSUs.
for my 4 gtx 770's,and 4770k processor and an asus maximus VI extreme motherboard,is this cooler good enough for the whole thing?
i have um 2 27 inch monitors,2x 8gb ripjaws X,2 3tb seagates HDD,the cooler i picked is it good enough so my specs or stuff wont get overheated or something,and can the antec psu power it all?,thanks for replying back

m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 3:40:20 AM

If it all ran at full load, then no.
You would need to step up.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 3:46:32 AM

vmN said:
If it all ran at full load, then no.
You would need to step up.
so i should switch to the 1250w one?

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 3:49:33 AM

Antek and seasonic are the best psu makers, make sure to get one of them. 4x sli 1000w+ , 3 way 800w+
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 3:50:27 AM

it wouldn't either.
To be clear, it would require all 4 770 to run on full load to use more wattage that both PSU can supply.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 3:52:43 AM

so what do i need? i removed one of the 27 inch monitors so i'll only buy one do i have to remove anything else? :/ 
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 3:54:27 AM

No the monitor doesn't consume any power form the PSU. Either you remove a 770 or you get a bigger PSU.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 3:58:29 AM

can you help me or something to find somewhere or something,because when i remove the gtx 770 wont i get lower fps? :/ 
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 4:01:22 AM

Dude unless you are going to be playing at 4k resolution with a ton of anti-alias a single 770 can provide more than enough FPS.

My recommendations would be go 2x770 4GB with a 750w/800w full modular(or semi, dont have the greater impacts) and get 2-3 screens.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 4:04:18 AM

can i go with 3 GTX 770 2gb's,and 2 monitors?
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 4:05:00 AM

and buy the corsair 1050w? or i'll just stay with the gold 1200w one?
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 4:06:59 AM

Yes, yes you can. Go for the antec psu then.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 4:24:36 AM

so with a 1200w psu i cant go with 4 gtx 770's? or its 4 680's that would work?
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 4:25:37 AM

and whats superclocked? if a gpu was superclocked would it break easily?
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 4:25:52 AM

You can run 4 gtx 770 with a 1200w.
I'm just saying that on full load(which should never happen if you have 4 770) it would not be efficient.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 4:27:43 AM

what does that mean? full load thing do you mean if i use all the gpu's at the same time it would not work or something?
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 4:31:01 AM

Full load is that each GPU is running close to 100%.
Like when you stress a CPU to test it temperatures, you put it under full load.
The CPU will work it hardest but also consume more power.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 4:35:25 AM

so when i buy 4 gpu's will there be problems or anything bad would happen?
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 4:37:45 AM

I don't see any game needing all that power from all four 770. So for the next many years you should experience zero problems.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 4:39:57 AM

if i buy 4 no problem at all?
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 4:41:20 AM

Unless you are doing some serious heavy work, we are talking about trying to render new york or something like that, then no there wont be any problems at all.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 4:44:41 AM

so u mean by heavy work like editing something or a game with every graphics mod or something like that or like all the settings is max with all graphics mods? sorry i dont understand you that much.
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 4:51:08 AM

Simple answer: It should never become a problem.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 5:01:53 AM

so with the 1200w antec 80+ gold psu there would be no problems at all,i mean it can power the whole thing right? everything that i listed?
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 5:03:11 AM

yes, yes and yes.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 5:07:37 AM

okay thank you very much!,but how about the 1250w one?
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 5:35:11 AM

vmN said:
yes, yes and yes.
hey man 1 question again tho,with all the stuff i listed can this cooler cool the motherboard up because i think thats the only thing that the cooler cools http://pcx.com.ph/antec-khuler-h2o-920.html?

m
0
l
February 20, 2014 5:50:57 AM

so with the cooler you just picked can it still be powered by the PSU?
m
0
l
a c 93 à CPUs
a b C Monitor
February 20, 2014 5:55:03 AM

It have a bigger radiator.

You should be able to mount it in the top.
I did some googling on the case and it seems to support 2x12cm fans.
The radiator is 240mm = 24 cm = 2x12cm
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 5:56:45 AM

ok so no problems with the case then?
m
0
l
!