Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AMD Catalyst not letting me use the Predefined and custom hdtv formats

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 20, 2014 8:54:38 AM

Hello I recently installed AMD catalyst on my computer before this i was using AMD VISION engine control center and my text/screen was blurry i fixed this problem be setting a custom resolution using the Predefined and custom hdtv formats option under My Digital Flat Panel then HDTV support and it work really well and i was Pleased so i update to catalyst and now i cannot use this option it is dimmed out so i cant edit it if anyone could help me it would be a much appreciated.
-Tom
February 20, 2014 9:45:08 AM

remove and do a fresh install, plug it back in and let it be detected, might have to reboot once more
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 9:50:40 AM

06yfz450ridr said:
remove and do a fresh install, plug it back in and let it be detected, might have to reboot once more


By Remove do you mean uninstall catalyst and re install it?
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 10:36:50 AM

Just to be clear, are you using an HDMI input on an HDTV?

Normally you shouldn't have to mess around with custom settings. I don't have an AMD card but it should work like THIS:

1) HDTV section
2) 1080p_NTSC@60Hz (if appropriate)
3) correct OVERSCAN

Most/all of the people I've seen who setup CUSTOM settings to address blurry/scaling issues were fine once they chose the PROPER setup. Not saying that's you.
m
0
l
February 20, 2014 12:47:41 PM

photonboy said:
Just to be clear, are you using an HDMI input on an HDTV?

Normally you shouldn't have to mess around with custom settings. I don't have an AMD card but it should work like THIS:

1) HDTV section
2) 1080p_NTSC@60Hz (if appropriate)
3) correct OVERSCAN

Most/all of the people I've seen who setup CUSTOM settings to address blurry/scaling issues were fine once they chose the PROPER setup. Not saying that's you.


Yeah i am using a HDMI input on a HDTV i have tried correction over scan like you said it seems to clear it up but it goes off my screen so i cannot see my start button etc. do you no how i could stop it from going off of my screen?
Thanks for the reply.
m
0
l

Best solution

February 20, 2014 6:07:45 PM

Something to consider! Occasionally, I have found that the newest version of AMD's driver didn't always work best for my configuration. Back around 11.4(?), I experienced a problem with my system having a BSOD every four days. I had just bought a new SSD for my OS and was blaming the SSD, when I eventually figured it out ( I cloned the SSD to an old HD and the problem was the same ) it was the AMD driver. Very weird, but the reality was that it wasn't that big a deal to use the older driver and then when the next one came out it worked fine and life went on! I remember one version where I couldn't adjust the GPU fan manually, even though the setting was there, it just didn't work! There will be another driver again pretty soon, so if I were you and you aren't in desperate need of this driver for a particular game, just use the older driver until the next one appears! Just make sure you always thoroughly UN-install the old drivers before you install a new one. It doesn't hurt to use the windows graphic driver for a short time for non-gaming purposes, to make sure there are no other problems, and then install the newest graphics driver to play games and use any of the advanced options.
Share
February 21, 2014 2:32:34 AM

avjguy2362 said:
Something to consider! Occasionally, I have found that the newest version of AMD's driver didn't always work best for my configuration. Back around 11.4(?), I experienced a problem with my system having a BSOD every four days. I had just bought a new SSD for my OS and was blaming the SSD, when I eventually figured it out ( I cloned the SSD to an old HD and the problem was the same ) it was the AMD driver. Very weird, but the reality was that it wasn't that big a deal to use the older driver and then when the next one came out it worked fine and life went on! I remember one version where I couldn't adjust the GPU fan manually, even though the setting was there, it just didn't work! There will be another driver again pretty soon, so if I were you and you aren't in desperate need of this driver for a particular game, just use the older driver until the next one appears! Just make sure you always thoroughly UN-install the old drivers before you install a new one. It doesn't hurt to use the windows graphic driver for a short time for non-gaming purposes, to make sure there are no other problems, and then install the newest graphics driver to play games and use any of the advanced options.


Ah i think that might be a good reason thanks for your help im just going to use the old drivers until they fix the new one thanks for you help
m
0
l
!