Solved

FX-6300 Over Heating Too Much

I built my PC in November for BF4, im using the stock fan my CPU came with, and a 120mm rear fan. When I first got it, it played great on high settings, but now after 5 minutes of playing my CPU's temp will jump from 54°C to 206°C causing BF4 to drop to 13fps. This is the only game that gives me the problem so im thinking its just battlefield's fault.

Is there any fix that I can do to solve this. I really enjoy the game but this is a very annoying problem.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 6300 heating
  1. It is not hitting 206 degrees. That is almost high enough to catch fire.
  2. ewok93 said:
    It is not hitting 206 degrees. That is almost high enough to catch fire.

I use HWMonitor to watch my temperatures. I'm not sure if there is something more accurate but thats what it says.
  3. Send me a screenshot, please.
  4. ewok93 said:
    Send me a screenshot, please.

Alright one moment.
  5. ewok93 said:
    Send me a screenshot, please.

6. Okay, run Prime95 and pay attention to the value, that is what it's currently at. Sometimes there is an error and it'll give you a high number, i think 206 might be the max.
  7. ewok93 said:
    Okay, run Prime95 and pay attention to the value, that is what it's currently at. Sometimes there is an error and it'll give you a high number, i think 206 might be the max.

What do I do now?

8. I use HWMonitor to watch my temperatures

9. Best answer
    rminter48 said:
    ewok93 said:
    Okay, run Prime95 and pay attention to the value, that is what it's currently at. Sometimes there is an error and it'll give you a high number, i think 206 might be the max.

What do I do now?

Download this and see what min max values it displays. And reset values if its using the older ones at start
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor-pro.html
  10. I'm already using that and Core Temp.
  11. rminter48 said:
    I'm already using that and Core Temp.

No that is HWMonitor PRO 1.18. I'm sure u are not using that.
    And don't run 2 or more monitoring programs at the same time
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming CPUs Fan Heating