Solved

which is the all-around better desktop system?

The first system has: AMD FX-8320 CPU and an AMD R7 260X 2GB GPU

The second system has: intel i5 4670 Processor and an Nvidia GTX 650 2GB GPU

They both have 8 GB RAM and a 1 TB hardrive. I want to be able to browse the internet, power multiple displays, and use it for some gaming. Which, if any, is better?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about desktop system
  1. Really depends on all the parts that comprise of both builds. If you plan on buying pre-built consider you can usually build something better yourself. If you're comfortable that is with building it.
  2. veladem said:
    Really depends on all the parts that comprise of both builds. If you plan on buying pre-built consider you can usually build something better yourself. If you're comfortable that is with building it.


    i thought about doing that, i got a budget of abt 1000-- any suggestions? or a website that could help me out a little bit. There are so many parts to a desktop haha Thinking abt going heavy on the graphics card and not so heavy on the cpu but idk
  3. Something like this,

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4570 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($197.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($92.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($324.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($75.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $977.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-22 15:29 EST-0500)

    And I'd be glad to walk you through the building process.
  4. Best answer
    Or this for a unlocked CPU,

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($92.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($324.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($75.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1008.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-22 15:46 EST-0500)
  5. veladem said:
    Or this for a unlocked CPU,

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($92.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($324.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($75.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1008.86
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-22 15:46 EST-0500)


    oh nice, might as well spend the extra couple bucks to get the better cpu haha thanks! that will run games like titan fall pretty good, right?
  6. Oh yeah! Especially if you run 720p like me :D

    And yeah, the 4670K is a better CPU even if you never plan to OC your CPU, cause even if you never plan to OC, doesn't mean you wont OC a year or two down the road. :D PLUS the 770 is much better then the 650/260x. You get what you pay for when you buy the parts, but you also have to assemble it yourself, a very fun experience when executed properly.

    PS: Sorry for the late reply, was out at all you can eat sushi and stuff.
  7. veladem said:
    Oh yeah! Especially if you run 720p like me :D

    And yeah, the 4670K is a better CPU even if you never plan to OC your CPU, cause even if you never plan to OC, doesn't mean you wont OC a year or two down the road. :D PLUS the 770 is much better then the 650/260x. You get what you pay for when you buy the parts, but you also have to assemble it yourself, a very fun experience when executed properly.

    PS: Sorry for the late reply, was out at all you can eat sushi and stuff.


    ok! sorry i was doing college crap this week haha but i'll have to look into getting these parts
  8. No problem! Don't forget to weigh your options and slap that green "pick as solution" button.

    PS: I can change some parts as prices have changed a little.
  9. veladem said:
    No problem! Don't forget to weigh your options and slap that green "pick as solution" button.

    PS: I can change some parts as prices have changed a little.


    yeah every little bit helps- would you still go with that setup?
  10. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($93.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($338.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1002.87
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-13 14:46 EDT-0400)

    Later on you'll want some fans and a cooler for the CPU to OC. I changed the PSU & RAM.
  11. veladem said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($209.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: ASRock H87 Pro4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($93.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($57.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($338.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ TigerDirect)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1002.87
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-13 14:46 EDT-0400)

    Later on you'll want some fans and a cooler for the CPU to OC. I changed the PSU & RAM.


    ok sweet, would you upgrade the RAM to 16? i know you can always do it later but is it worth it to do it now?
Ask a new question

Read More

Intel i5 AMD CPUs Systems GPUs Processors