1000$ Help choosing components for new watercooling and upgrading

kasek

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
Approximate Purchase Date: slowly buying over the next 2-3months

Budget Range: already spent 1000 looking to spend anothger 1000 or less and wanting to try and sell some of my slightly used stuff

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, Internet

Are you buying a monitor: no

Parts to Upgrade: See below

Do you need to buy OS: Yes windows 7 64bit pro (I dont want 8)

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: canadian sites preffered

Parts Preferences: Want stuff that wont die in a month reliable

Overclocking: prob not never done it

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in the future but not right now

Your Monitor Resolution: dual monitor primary is 1920x1080 secondary is 1024x768

Additional Comments: Games playing, WOW, Project SWG, Guild wars, SWGEMU, Star craft 2, guild wars 2, and future new MMOs possibly

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: never upgraded graphics card when i bought this computer want something with more space and wanted to water cool

Include a list of any parts you have already selected

My current PC
Case: CM storm scout (sell)
Mobo: Sabertooth Z77 (Keep)
CPU: i5 2500K (Keep)
DVD: LG (Keep)
Ram: Kingston DDR3 8GB x2 w/ heat shieled/sink built on them (Keep) (I think that is the ram)
HDD: Western Digital black 2tb (Keep)
320gb (dont remember brand)(Keep)
120gb (Dont remember brand) (keep)
Fans: 120mm x8 (keep)(some have blue leds some dont)
Blue Led HDD fan (Keep(
PSU: Rosewill lightning 1000w (Keep)
CPU cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo (sell) (With dual fans push pull)
Graphics card: Radeon 5670 (sell)
PCI slot: 1m blue led strip with PCI controller (keep)

So that is current build with what I want to keep, below is what I want or have no idea what to get. I am also open to alternatives if I picked something that isnt good.

case: xigmatek elysium
DVD bay cooler: Evercool Cross Flow system fan
Graphics card: ?
Black wire sleeving ?
Watercooling: Feel free to add anything I forgot to list or anything you would recommend removingplease include why or why not as i have never watercooled.
Resevoir: Koolance RP-401X2 single 5.25" was thinking of having an internal reservoir as well a tube style for the look something clear?
Calming coils: ? Do they work
Pump: Koolance PMP-400 x2
w/ Heatsink addon
Tubing: want something that will look good with blue/white leds want colored tubing rather then dye?
Coolant: ?
Additives: ?
Fittings: ?
Filters: ?
Radiators: ? was thinking one on the bottom and top need to no what will fit with my pSU being bottom mounted, if i can attach some of my 120mm rans to them even better
Waterblocks: ? CPU/GPU/mosfet/VGA
Any other necessary things?
Ram cooling: Fan? waterblock?
Any PCI Slot add ons that are beneficial: ?
SSD: something like 250gb just to install windows and any programs that cant be installed on secondary
Fans: 80mm for open PSU slot. I will be using the fans that come with the case and will mount my existing 120s anywhere I can
apreciate any help I get thanks

Solution
Well, I'd just sit on my money till ready the sell the current one for extra or just keep the current and buy the new one, but, key is saving till the last week of purchase cause prices don't change month to month, or week to week, they change day to day, easy.

So yeah, there is a good XFX PSU thats 550W thats a really good deal that you could pick up, and RAM just in case.

veladem

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Truth be told, if you're going to buy over the next few months, then just hold out, buy some RAM now just in case it decides to get more pricey, I doubt AMD GPU's will go up anymore, and everything else is feeling wishy washy, but yeah, buy some new RAM and just stare at it everyday till you have the cash, cause at that time the recommendations for a PC build will have changed.

Best of luck, Vel.

kasek

Honorable
Feb 23, 2014
well if i get the ram i can stick it in the computer it just wont be read because windows 7 home only recognizes 16 right. or is it bad to put it in...

also myb ill buy the case and transfer everything sell the old case get sme money and go from there then

veladem

Honorable
Sep 6, 2012
Well, I'd just sit on my money till ready the sell the current one for extra or just keep the current and buy the new one, but, key is saving till the last week of purchase cause prices don't change month to month, or week to week, they change day to day, easy.

So yeah, there is a good XFX PSU thats 550W thats a really good deal that you could pick up, and RAM just in case.

Solution