Solved

i5 3570k temperatures whle gaming with stock cooler?

I recently built a gaming pc, but i didn't want to get an aftermarket cooler in the same purchase because the rig cost little over 1500 $. I also unparked my cores to get better fps in games. After gaming for 10 minutes in bf4 CPU's temperature stays at 98 Celsius and 65 when idle. I suppose 98 is not safe and i'm propably going to get Corsair's H80i cooler. What do you think and should i play games before the cooler arrives? Also do you think there is a better cooler for lesser price? I am going to overclock my processor a little (4.2- 4.4 ghz).

My PC:

MOBO: Msi Z77A-G43

CPU: i5 3570k @3.4ghz stock cooler

GPU: EVGA gtx 780 classified 3gb GDDR5

RAM: 8gb @2133mhz

PSU: Corsair 750w

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb

OS: Windows 7 home premium 64b

Case: Cooler master Cosmos SE
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3570k temperatures whle gaming stock cooler
  1. Best answer
    That is way too high. The H80i is a good cooler, but if you're not going to be overclocking a lot, an H60 should be sufficient.
  2. My 3770k with box cooler never goes above 73 degrees in games. Maybe too much or not enough thermal paste.
  3. Yeah, but you're not him. It's a different computer. His ambient room temperature may be 10 degrees higher, his case may have less ventilation, a worse application of thermal paste, or any number of other things. You cannot say his should be x because yours is x. There are a ton of other variables.
  4. ewok93 said:
    That is way too high. The H80i is a good cooler, but if you're not going to be overclocking a lot, an H60 should be sufficient.


    Should I avoid playing games before i get my new cooler and what could my temperatures cause?
  5. Those types of temperatures can damage your CPU, I wouldn't game with it like that.
  6. ewok93 said:
    That is way too high. The H80i is a good cooler, but if you're not going to be overclocking a lot, an H60 should be sufficient.


    I think i'll go with the h80i. It comes with two fans and costs only 10 dollars more.
  7. Alright. Enjoy!
  8. ewok93 said:
    That is way too high. The H80i is a good cooler, but if you're not going to be overclocking a lot, an H60 should be sufficient.


    Actually, do you think CM HYPER 212 EVO would be enough for something like 4.3ghz overclock on my processor?
    That would be a lot cheaper and i could get it for tomorrow. Also, do you think the included fan(s) will work great and allow that overclock?
  9. ewok93 said:
    Yeah, but you're not him. It's a different computer. His ambient room temperature may be 10 degrees higher, his case may have less ventilation, a worse application of thermal paste, or any number of other things. You cannot say his should be x because yours is x. There are a ton of other variables.


    My case is Coolermaster Cosmos Se with 3x 120mm fans and 1 140mm fan. My room is usually 19-22 celsius, and i use the preapplied thermal paste. Do you think the temperatures are correct?
  10. It would work, that isn't a huge overclock so it'd be fine. Maybe get the Coolermaster and return it once you can get the Corsair? If you get the Coolermaster, you can also get a bunch of case fans, one for every slot you have, and then an extra for push/pull, and you won't need liquid cooling.
  11. ewok93 said:
    It would work, that isn't a huge overclock so it'd be fine. Maybe get the Coolermaster and return it once you can get the Corsair? If you get the Coolermaster, you can also get a bunch of case fans, one for every slot you have, and then an extra for push/pull, and you won't need liquid cooling.


    I wouldn't be able to get a better cooler until summer when i get a summerjob (i'm 14), because my mom won't allow me to get a more expensive cooler until then. So i'll go with hyper 212 evo.
  12. Ah, good choice then.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Intel i5 battlefield 4 CPUs Cooling 3570k bf4 temperatures