i5 3570 vs i5 4570?

Steel_Nugget

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
I plan on playing games like BF4 on Ultra. There will be 8gb 1600 Ram, and a 760. Is there a big difference in performance? If I was uploading a video to Youtube would there be a speed difference?
Which would you recommend?
Thanks! Which would you recommend?

Solution
no there is not much of a difference in performance. upload speeds are entirely dependent on your internet connection. for which one to get, the 4570 would be good enough to be sure. unless you want to overclock then go with the 4670k. There is no real reason i can see for getting ivy bridge unless you can get them on sale.
no there is not much of a difference in performance. upload speeds are entirely dependent on your internet connection. for which one to get, the 4570 would be good enough to be sure. unless you want to overclock then go with the 4670k. There is no real reason i can see for getting ivy bridge unless you can get them on sale.

Solution

Steel_Nugget

Honorable
Dec 5, 2013
What about the i5 3470 vs i5 4570?

3470 is Ivy Bridge, and 4570 is Haswell. Haswell is about 5-10% faster at the same clockspeed as Ivy Bridge. As ethereal essence said, there's not much point getting the 3470 (Ivy Bridge) unless you can find one on sale quite a bit cheaper than the 4570 (Haswell).

again in gaming you won't notice any difference at all. there may be a difference of up to 5 fps or so at 60 fps... but unless you are looking at a counter, you won't notice anything. But you might as well go haswell, there is no reason not to if you're not overclocking.