Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New PC Gaming Build - Little help required

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • Gaming
  • Intel i5
  • Battlefield
  • Build
  • PC gaming
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
February 24, 2014 2:56:41 AM

So this is my first time building a Gaming PC and want to see if you would change anything. I am looking to buy this today! Not bothered about overclocking but might want to try it in the future. It will be mainly used for casual gaming but would like to play battlefield on ultra.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2Y2kO

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£161.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.20 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£113.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (£69.98 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card (£257.00 @ Ebuyer)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£25.98 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£76.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX750B BRONZE 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£69.07 @ Scan.co.uk)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£73.99 @ Dabs)
Monitor: Asus VE248H 24.0" Monitor (£155.09 @ Scan.co.uk)
Total: £1072.05
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-24 10:51 GMT+0000)

More about : gaming build required

a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 3:10:54 AM

I wouldn't change a thing. Looks extremely solid.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 3:22:51 AM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£161.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.20 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Novatech)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (£69.98 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (£379.99 @ Dabs)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£13.00 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£45.02 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£53.47 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£73.99 @ Dabs)
Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor (£119.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1096.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-24 11:22 GMT+0000)
a modified version of your build
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 5:59:55 AM

ahmedkhalifa1999 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£161.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.20 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Novatech)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (£69.98 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (£379.99 @ Dabs)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£13.00 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£45.02 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£53.47 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£73.99 @ Dabs)
Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor (£119.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1096.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-24 11:22 GMT+0000)
a modified version of your build


The Asrock board has better power delivery to the CPU than the Gigabyte board making it a better overclocker. Also you can't run a GTX 780 and 4670k as an entry level corsair CX series psu, you want a better quality one for a build with this caliber.
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 6:05:46 AM

Xiembeest said:
ahmedkhalifa1999 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£161.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.20 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Novatech)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (£69.98 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (£379.99 @ Dabs)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£13.00 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£45.02 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£53.47 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£73.99 @ Dabs)
Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor (£119.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1096.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-24 11:22 GMT+0000)
a modified version of your build


The Asrock board has better power delivery to the CPU than the Gigabyte board making it a better overclocker. Also you can't run a GTX 780 and 4670k as an entry level corsair CX series psu, you want a better quality one for a build with this caliber.


So just to clarify, the build I made would be the best option?

Very new at this and don't want to start buying the wrong thing from the outset..

Cheers for reply's also!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 6:13:22 AM

I would say so, all very nice parts with awesome build quality. One thing to note (not being negative or anything) is that the EVGA PSU comes with red pcie cables wich might ( might not ) look horrible behind the window in the define r4
m
0
l
February 24, 2014 6:17:34 AM

Xiembeest said:
I would say so, all very nice parts with awesome build quality. One thing to note (not being negative or anything) is that the EVGA PSU comes with red pcie cables wich might ( might not ) look horrible behind the window in the define r4


If that's the only issue then I'm not too worried, I was expecting everything on my build to change and as a first build I won't mind so much! :) 

Cheers again for help!
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 6:35:13 AM

No problem, enjoy your build!
Share
February 24, 2014 11:10:06 AM

Yeah, Definitely a beastly gaming PC. Have fun when you get it :) 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
February 24, 2014 10:35:09 PM

ahmedkhalifa1999 said:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£161.99 @ Aria PC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£25.20 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£109.99 @ Novatech)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory (£69.98 @ Aria PC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£43.76 @ Scan.co.uk)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (£379.99 @ Dabs)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter (£13.00 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case (£45.02 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£53.47 @ Amazon UK)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£73.99 @ Dabs)
Monitor: Asus VE247H 23.6" Monitor (£119.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £1096.38
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-02-24 11:22 GMT+0000)
a modified version of your build


Beast build. I suggest getting a Samsung EVO 140GB if you want an SSD.
m
0
l
!