best $150 range GPU?

chrisgregory

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Ive asked before but never ended up buying one. I think its good that I held off cause perhaps something better is out (usually how it works as im sure we're all aware), so what's the best bang for the buck? I like that GTX 750 Ti 2GB and leaning towards the EVGA model. Newegg is sold out although I haven't checked Amazon or eBay. What do you guys think? The rest of my components are -

AMD FX-4300 w/ CM Hyper 212 EVO
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Micro ATX AM3+
Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333
Toshiba 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
LG DVD/CD Writer
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower

SSD being ordered with GPU as well. The Samsung 840 EVO 120GB or the Kingston V300 SSDNow; I can't decide on which, have heard Samsung and AMD don't work well. What do you guys think would be my best bet considering all components for an SSD?
Sorry for the extra question.

Thanks

chrisgregory

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Also one last quick question - how should my PC perform when all said and done (after addition of GPU and SSD of your recommendation + components )Take everything thrown at it on high in 1080p at 60fps?

If not...what will?

leeb2013

Honorable
the 750ti would certainly be a good choice, particularly where heat/power consumption is concerned. The 4300 is a bit weak, I'd push for a 6300 or I3 (with hyperthreading) and 1600 memory is the best starting point if only minor cost difference. I read Evo SSD are great, I have Sandisk ultra plus and their not bad too. You'll love them vs a hdd.

chrisgregory

Honorable
Oct 12, 2013
Someone once told me a lot of people have bad luck when using Samsung products with AMD products? Can anyone touch on that? Perhaps it was just Samsung SSDs and AMD that have issues, or even the EVO in particular with AMD, cannot remember. What I remember is AMD + Samsung = bad news haha. Then again Ive asked a lot of people if they think I should get one, and they give me an answer similar to yours, Leeb; seemingly having no idea of said "issues". Let me know what you think.