Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Do I need to buy some extra fans for a better airflow?

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 25, 2014 5:33:22 AM

I am going to build my own PC but I am not sure if my PC has enought airflow to cool it well.
This is my build:
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
ASUS Z87-PRO
i7 4770K
Enermax ETS-T40-TB
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866-16GB
Samsung 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW, 250 GB SSD
Seagate Desktop HDD, 3 TB harde schijf
LG BH16NS40
Windows 8.1 OEM
Cooler Master CM 690 III
Be quiet! Power Zone 850W

I use the Cooler Master CM 690 III as my case and it has a 200mm fan in the front and an120 mm fan in the back.

If this case needs some extra fans at the top or at the sidepanel I also would like to know what fans you would recommend.

More about : buy extra fans airflow

February 25, 2014 6:04:10 AM

Which CPU cooler you are using?

Uee one side fan (140mm) because your are using trifire of R9 290. As a general rule there should be more intake fans then exhaust fan to ensure proper air flow.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 6:10:25 AM

EasyLover said:
Which CPU cooler you are using?

Uee one side fan (140mm) because your are using trifire of R9 290. As a general rule there should be more intake fans then exhaust fan to ensure proper air flow.


My CPU coller is the Enermax ETS-T40-TB.
Do you mean a 140 mm fan for air intake or outtake
m
0
l
Related resources
February 25, 2014 6:12:46 AM

Coolones said:
EasyLover said:
Which CPU cooler you are using?

Uee one side fan (140mm) because your are using trifire of R9 290. As a general rule there should be more intake fans then exhaust fan to ensure proper air flow.


My CPU coller is the Enermax ETS-T40-TB.
Do you mean a 140 mm fan for air intake or outtake


140mm on intake.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 6:13:53 AM

Unless you have temperature issues, you do not need more fans. Generally people think they need way more fans than they actually do.

A front intake, top exhaust, and rear exhaust is really all any computer needs.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 6:17:50 AM

EasyLover said:
Coolones said:
EasyLover said:
Which CPU cooler you are using?

Uee one side fan (140mm) because your are using trifire of R9 290. As a general rule there should be more intake fans then exhaust fan to ensure proper air flow.


My CPU coller is the Enermax ETS-T40-TB.
Do you mean a 140 mm fan for air intake or outtake


140mm on intake.


So than I have a 200mm intake and a 140 mm intake and at the back a 120mm outtake.

Do you have any reccomedation for the extra fan?
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 6:18:17 AM

tiny voices said:
Unless you have temperature issues, you do not need more fans. Generally people think they need way more fans than they actually do.

A front intake, top exhaust, and rear exhaust is really all any computer needs.


Agreed, but he needs to have one more fan because of trifire of R9 290, there will be more heat generation. That fan will be helpful in keeping the temps of the graphics cards low.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 6:22:55 AM

He does not have tri fire. He has a single 290x. The tri-x model. You are confusing that with 3 physical GPUs.

He does not need a side fan at all.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 6:24:00 AM

tiny voices said:
Unless you have temperature issues, you do not need more fans. Generally people think they need way more fans than they actually do.

A front intake, top exhaust, and rear exhaust is really all any computer needs.


All right but I only have a 200 mm intake in the front and a 120 mm outtake in the back.

So what fan would you advice intake or outtake and where?
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 6:25:30 AM

Unless you have high temps, I don't suggest adding a fan at all. A top exhaust would be all I would add.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 6:27:12 AM

tiny voices said:
He does not have tri fire. He has a single 290x. The tri-x model. You are confusing that with 3 physical GPUs.

He does not need a side fan at all.


Ohh. Thanks for correction. I took it wrong. Yes, OP you don't need more fans. Sorry for inconvenience from my misunderstanding.
m
0
l

Best solution

February 25, 2014 6:34:59 AM

Though you don't need to install fan on top as well, if still you want it, go for Noctua fans or Corsair AF series fans.
Share
!