Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

What is the best cpu cooler under $75???

Last response: in CPUs
Share
February 25, 2014 10:02:15 AM

Title says it all ^^^^^^^

More about : cpu cooler

a b à CPUs
February 25, 2014 10:07:21 AM

System specs? You literally give nothing to go on.

So as I am left to assume, the Noctua NH-D14 would be a good choice.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2014 10:35:29 AM

The Devil is in the Details (and we have none of it) where are you placing this Cooler? and what do you prefer Air Cool or CLC?

Thanks
m
0
l
Related resources
February 25, 2014 10:58:52 AM

enemy1g said:
System specs? You literally give nothing to go on.

So as I am left to assume, the Noctua NH-D14 would be a good choice.




My rig:
Motherboard- M5A97 LE R2.0
CPU- fx-8320
GPU- gtx 770 4gb with acx cooling
RAM- 8gb of Vengence RAM
PSU- CX600 by Corsair
Case- NZXT Switch 810
HDD- .5 tb (I think by Sandisk)

I am looking for a good air cooler for my cpu
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2014 11:20:18 AM

The Noctua NH-D14 is what you're looking for (it has also 5yr Warranty)
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 25, 2014 2:03:16 PM

The Phantek PH-TC14PE is slightly better than the noctua and can be had for around the same price when on a deal. Both offer superior performance.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 4:26:33 PM

nikoli707 said:
The Phantek PH-TC14PE is slightly better than the noctua and can be had for around the same price when on a deal. Both offer superior performance.


Will these coolers cover up my ram slots?
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 145 à CPUs
February 25, 2014 5:18:53 PM

~75 is a tough cost point for coolers. Sometimes you can catch a top-tier dual-tower air cooler for that much, if they are on sale. Usually you have to spend 10-20 bucks more, though.

I think I would go for either the Thermalright True Spirit 140, or the Phanteks PH-TC12DX. Both are around $50.
Share
February 25, 2014 5:27:01 PM

If you don't want to smash your bank for a cooler (and don't plan on extreme overclocks) I can recommend 2 cheap air coolers that worked just fine for my FX-8350

Enermax ets-140-tb (35ish USD /30€ if Im not mistaken)
And Scythe Katana (25ish USD/20€ with a single fan)

Those have both a low cost point and will keep your CPU cool NP. For the Scythe Katana I would recommend buying a 2nd fan right away, makes all the difference. And while those 2 are of course nowhere near those expensive air cooling systems; For their price they deliver more than enough cooling power to even allow for some mild overclocking.
(My FX-8350 ran @ 4.4 GHZ with the Enermax one and before I used a single fan Scythe Katana for stock clock cooling, even though Im sure with dual fans it will cool just fine)


System I used the Enermax with:

AMD FX-8350
Gigabyte 770 GTX OC
8 GB Corsair Ram
BeQuiet 620 Watt PSU


If you want some higher end cooling option though to aim for high permanent overclocks...then go with the suggestions of the other pals up there, but I can really recommend that Enermax, even without a 2nd fan I was able to run a perma overclock and never even get close to the temperature max <- Im just too scared to try and run things at the limit...just ain't healthy for the hardware)
m
0
l
a c 490 à CPUs
February 25, 2014 5:48:33 PM

Noctua NH-D14 is what I would get if I was looking to spend so much on a cooler.
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 7:08:17 PM

Calculatron said:
~75 is a tough cost point for coolers. Sometimes you can catch a top-tier dual-tower air cooler for that much, if they are on sale. Usually you have to spend 10-20 bucks more, though.

I think I would go for either the Thermalright True Spirit 140, or the Phanteks PH-TC12DX. Both are around $50.


I want to have the cooler look good because I have the side panel on my case. I really like the look of the phantek cooler you mentioned and I have also heard good things about the zalman cnps 9900max. Of these two coolers, which one do you think would be better? I am mainly looking for a cooler that is quieter than the stock cooler. Is the phantek cooler quiet?
m
0
l
a c 490 à CPUs
February 25, 2014 7:17:42 PM

The Thermaltake CLP0596 is quite a looker for around $65
m
0
l
February 25, 2014 7:27:58 PM

Pay $80 and get a Corsair H80i liquid loop!
m
0
l
a c 145 à CPUs
February 25, 2014 7:28:00 PM

Zalman makes good products, and I almost invested in that cooler - it has mixed reviews, though, so I can't tell you exactly how well it would perform. The Phanteks is pretty good, though, and it should be decently quiet; definitely quieter than the stock cooler.

Perhaps the Enermax ETS-T40-BK is worth a look?
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
February 26, 2014 7:17:41 AM

Air cooling at around $75 (as i've mentiond and other the noctua and phantek) beats any CLC (close loop cooling) like the H80i (and it's quieter too)
m
0
l
February 26, 2014 8:38:26 AM

CTurbo said:
Noctua NH-D14 is what I would get if I was looking to spend so much on a cooler.


Do you know if this cooler would clear my ram?
m
0
l
February 26, 2014 8:44:34 AM

Shehriazad said:
If you don't want to smash your bank for a cooler (and don't plan on extreme overclocks) I can recommend 2 cheap air coolers that worked just fine for my FX-8350

Enermax ets-140-tb (35ish USD /30€ if Im not mistaken)
And Scythe Katana (25ish USD/20€ with a single fan)

Those have both a low cost point and will keep your CPU cool NP. For the Scythe Katana I would recommend buying a 2nd fan right away, makes all the difference. And while those 2 are of course nowhere near those expensive air cooling systems; For their price they deliver more than enough cooling power to even allow for some mild overclocking.
(My FX-8350 ran @ 4.4 GHZ with the Enermax one and before I used a single fan Scythe Katana for stock clock cooling, even though Im sure with dual fans it will cool just fine)


System I used the Enermax with:

AMD FX-8350
Gigabyte 770 GTX OC
8 GB Corsair Ram
BeQuiet 620 Watt PSU


If you want some higher end cooling option though to aim for high permanent overclocks...then go with the suggestions of the other pals up there, but I can really recommend that Enermax, even without a 2nd fan I was able to run a perma overclock and never even get close to the temperature max <- Im just too scared to try and run things at the limit...just ain't healthy for the hardware)


I am liking the look of the Phanteks PH-TC12DX. I have heard mixed reviews saying whether it is loud or quiet. I also like the nzxt havik. Of these 2 coolers, which one do you think would be quieter and have better performance.
m
0
l
!