Hi, I want to ask you guys about the CPU cooler.
I was using my AMD bundle cooler, along with Cooler Master Silencio 550 housing. However, the noise level from AMD bundle knocked me out, and even with slight over clocking made my computer to emit blue screen and faint. I want some solutions about the CPU coolers. As I am living in the Netherlands, I want to set my budget in euros: 60 Euros. Off-line stores are my personal favorite. I want to say that my case isn't huge, and it only accepts to 154mm of CPU cooler height. Also my motherboard is an AM3+ socket. Easy installation preferred, and cheaper ones with high values and SILENT being the most important factors of my choice. Just letting you know for answering.
Also, some answers already published had some coolers that DOES NOT fit into my case. please consider that my case has noise-absorbing materials inside the walls of the cases. The side panels are THICKER THAN YOU THINK!!!
Also, are expensive air coolers better or cheap water coolers better?
1) Closed-loop water coolers use weaker pumps than a custom loop does. This matters for one very important reason: They're more likely to fail.
2) A closed-loop water cooler has many more moving parts than a heatsink/fan combo does. That makes it a lot more likely to fail than a heatsink/fan. The reason I had point 1 is because a custom loop is just as reliable, but an all-in-one is not.
3) When a liquid cooler fails, it's more likely to fail catastrophically - imagine liquid spewing all over your computer rather than, say, a mistempered fan blade.
4) If they do fail, an air cooler still has a giant metal heatsink to let the CPU downclock safely.
And here comes the biggie:
5) High end air coolers perform better than high end all-in-one water coolers, for less money.
That's what it comes down to, really. Obviously, the game changes if you're looking at a custom loop, but that's out of your budget.