FX 8350 Black Edition the only version?

gamesturbator

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014
I keep seeing this CPU on sale and some places don't specify Black Edition while others do. Is there more than one version of the FX 8350? Thanks.

Solution
Some places advertise "Black edition" as in days of old, AMD CPUs branded as black edition could be overclocked. there is only one version of the 8350 and it is overclockable, like the entire line of the FX Series.

gamesturbator

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014
Thanks. After looking at the cpu list at AMD it only listed one version, but I wanted to be absolutely sure. Looking at buying on Ebay but worried about receiving a DOA even though the seller has 100% positive feedback as he doesn't offer returns.

Sorry, guys, don't see any button for thanking you all. Might be NoScript blocking something.

gamesturbator

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014
He advertises that it came straight from the AMD Warehouse, is unopened blah blah blah. I contacted him about obtaining all the purchase documentation. I'll see how that goes. Anyway, 1 day shipping included, it's only $10 cheaper to buy from him instead of Amazon. Thanks.

gumbykid

Honorable
Jan 15, 2014
If he can provide you with the warranty information, it won't hurt cheaping out on $10. If he can't, purchase it from Amazon or Newegg for $10 more with the safety of knowing you can return it if it gets damaged or is doa.

gamesturbator

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014
He's offered a 3 day return if it turns out to be defective. I haven't even ordered a compatible motherboard yet so no point corning myself in. Thanks. Newegg offers extra warranties on products, do those just kick in after the manufacturer warranty expires or is it just to cover me after 30 days have passed with newegg? Sorry to go off topic.

gamesturbator

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014

Well, I bought it off the guy on Ebay. Not only is he also refunding my shipping I just paid but is also throwing in a watercooler he thought I'd need for the 8350. So total cost is only $150 for the FX 8350 and a free watercooler. Now that's customer service LOL .