Sign in with
Your question
Solved

120 hz TV or Monitor for gaming

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 26, 2014 2:24:16 PM

Ok so I've built up my rig and am all ready to go but I've noticed some tearing even with vsync on. I currently have my computer hooked up to a Samsung Lcd tv along with my Xbox 360. I have it going from my MSI GTX 770 4gb card. So I know that it has enough power, I'm not pushing on the graphics settings but I still noticed lag and have to set the resolution to 1360 x 768. So I've budgeted for a good gaming monitor or just to get a bigger/better tv. I was wondering what your suggestions would be. Tv or Monitor. I would like it to be 120hz. I will use my other Tv for my 360.

More about : 120 monitor gaming

Best solution

a b x TV
a b C Monitor
February 26, 2014 2:33:46 PM

If you want a true 120Hz gaming experience you need a monitor. TVs reproduce frames to mimic a 120hz refresh rate, they are still only capable of a 60hz input from a computer.
February 26, 2014 2:37:36 PM

bignastyid said:
If you want a true 120Hz gaming experience you need a monitor. TVs reproduce frames to mimic a 120hz refresh rate, they are still only capable of a 60hz input from a computer.

What would you suggest then? I was looking at ASUS and Benq monitors. Only issue that I would have with a monitor is my girl likes to play some of my games with me ie. Lego Marvel. and watch me play games like Alan wake
m
l
!