MY 8350 temps high for stock?

Smadaw

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
Okay so using AMD Overdrive to stress test the cpu to figure out what my temps are underload seem high to me...using a Noctua NH-D14 btw about 25 minutes into the test the temp according to Core Temp is 41c
HW monitor pro says 50c I just really don't understand how to get a accurate temp or which one is more likely correct and if either they still to me seem high for stock especially since cpu z says 1.21V while the stress test is running and so does hw monitor ....any ideas anyone? also I used artic silver 5 only put a pea size amount on the center and everything...Thanks for your input guys.

Solution
like No2rdame said though, in HW monitor the core temps are further down, the first CPU readings you get are of the motherboard socket. (if you're already reading the correct read outs then I still say they're reliable)

honestly though, nothing wrong, 40-50C under load is really good

yes, you want to stay about 5-10 below the thermal limit because that's the point where the CPU starts throttling/underclocking itself to stay below shut down temperature, but you can run it up to that point with no problems though, my friend runs his CPU to about 60-65 all the time (he uses an older AMD CPU, an Athlon X2, but the thermal limit is about the same)

No2rdame

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Not sure about using AMD Overdrive to stress test, most people I have seen stress test use prime 95 and CoreTemp. With HW Monitor you need to be certain you're looking at the core temperatures and not the socket temperatures. Also, are you overclocking or running stock? Fully stressed, 41c is not a very high temperature for an overclocked 8350.

Smadaw

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

There is no OC just a stock 4.0GHz

Smadaw

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014

I usually see people saying you don't want to go over 62c-65c to be safe usually?

like No2rdame said though, in HW monitor the core temps are further down, the first CPU readings you get are of the motherboard socket. (if you're already reading the correct read outs then I still say they're reliable)

honestly though, nothing wrong, 40-50C under load is really good

yes, you want to stay about 5-10 below the thermal limit because that's the point where the CPU starts throttling/underclocking itself to stay below shut down temperature, but you can run it up to that point with no problems though, my friend runs his CPU to about 60-65 all the time (he uses an older AMD CPU, an Athlon X2, but the thermal limit is about the same)

Solution