Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Internet connection problem

Last response: in Networking
Share
February 27, 2014 10:23:29 PM

I have a desktop PC and it is connected to the internet through an Ethernet cable. The cable runs from my computer to a router/modem from Time Warner cable.Today it said on the notification tray that i was connected to the internet but when I went to Google chrome it said unable to connect to the internet. I also tried with Internet Explorer and got the same thing.
The other computers in the home that are connected still get internet though.
I have tried all the obvious things as doing a virus scan, and unplugging and restarting the router. PLEASE I need help. Thank you
February 27, 2014 10:59:44 PM

Go to Device Manager-> click on the Ethernet Port and make sure it not disabled. Enable it and try again.
m
0
l
February 27, 2014 11:11:37 PM

brarboy said:
Go to Device Manager-> click on the Ethernet Port and make sure it not disabled. Enable it and try again.

Where exactly is that located in the Device Manager? Under network adapters?

m
0
l
Related resources
February 27, 2014 11:20:54 PM

Click Start-> Type 'Device Manager' in that search box.
Or go to Control Panel-> Device Manager
m
0
l
February 27, 2014 11:23:06 PM

brarboy said:
Click Start-> Type 'Device Manager' in that search box.
Or go to Control Panel-> Device Manager


After that, where do I go?
m
0
l
February 27, 2014 11:27:41 PM

jjred9 said:
brarboy said:
Click Start-> Type 'Device Manager' in that search box.
Or go to Control Panel-> Device Manager


After that, where do I go?


Network adapter or Ethernet Port, whichever you see. Expand it and right click on the adapter your using(Realtek or whatever) and Enable.
m
0
l
February 27, 2014 11:31:31 PM

brarboy said:
jjred9 said:
brarboy said:
Click Start-> Type 'Device Manager' in that search box.
Or go to Control Panel-> Device Manager


After that, where do I go?


Network adapter or Ethernet Port, whichever you see. Expand it and right click on the adapter your using(Realtek or whatever) and Enable.


DId that, still nothing.
m
0
l

Best solution

February 27, 2014 11:32:40 PM

here is a thread, which had same problem as you. Check it out:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/40403-63-suddenly-con...
Share
February 27, 2014 11:37:57 PM

check is your cable connecter damage and is your LAN connection on dhcp?
m
0
l
February 27, 2014 11:50:31 PM

one more thing you can do is, reinstall your LAN drivers form your motherboard disc if you haven't done it already.
m
0
l
February 28, 2014 4:05:53 PM

brarboy said:
one more thing you can do is, reinstall your LAN drivers form your motherboard disc if you haven't done it already.


I don't think i still have my mobo disc.
m
0
l
February 28, 2014 6:13:08 PM

aliafzal189 said:
check is your cable connecter damage and is your LAN connection on dhcp?


I think so
m
0
l
!