Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best graphic card for my PC?

Last response: in Components
Share
February 28, 2014 3:54:33 AM

Hi, my PC has these specs.
EP45T-UD3LR Gigabyte Motherboard
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @2.66GHz
DDR3 4GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

I'm looking at nvidia graphic card to upgrade my current GTX 550 TI with. Which graphic card would be the best and that my system would not bottleneck it?

Thank you for your reply! :D 

More about : graphic card

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 28, 2014 3:57:46 AM

gtx760
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 28, 2014 3:58:40 AM

GTX 750 Ti.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2014 4:06:13 AM

Well a GTX TITAN BLACK of course? It's the best consumer GPU out there at one of the highest prices. It's simply the best single GPU there is. Makes sense right?

No, you should rather look at what would be the best option for you to upgrade to get the most performance out of your current situation for the lowest price. I would certainly recommend a GTX 750 ti or a Radeon 265, these two GPUs will give you good performance at 1080p at medium to high settings in most games. With your current CPU, it is a limiting factor. Mind that the CPU usage varies in different games. I would myself rather get the GTX 750 ti, as it is based on Maxwell and provide great performance at a fair price and with the lowest power consumption seen to date while maintaining such a high performance level.

To upgrade even further I would make a whole new rig if I were you. So a GTX 750 ti is certainly an easy way to boost performance without breaking the bank.
Share
February 28, 2014 4:06:42 AM

Jacob McIntosh said:
GTX 750 Ti.


I'm actually looking at the GTX 750 Ti and I have various options.

MSI GTX750TI OC TF GAME 279 SGD

Asus GTX750TI OC DUAL FAN 279 SGD

Gigabyte GTX750TI OC 255

Just by the name given, do you know why are the prices of the MSI and Asus have a 24 dollars difference with the gigabyte's?
m
0
l
February 28, 2014 4:08:18 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
Well a GTX TITAN BLACK of course? It's the best consumer GPU out there at one of the highest prices. It's simply the best single GPU there is. Makes sense right?

No, you should rather look at what would be the best option for you to upgrade to get the most performance out of your current situation for the lowest price. I would certainly recommend a GTX 750 ti or a Radeon 265, these two GPUs will give you good performance at 1080p at medium to high settings in most games. I would myself rather get the GTX 750 ti, as it is based on Maxwell and provide great performance at a fair price and with the lowest power consumption seen to date while maintaining such a high performance level.


Thank you for the nice short writeup on the description of the GTX 750 TI! Appreciate it.

Can you take a look at my question above and give me an answer too?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
February 28, 2014 4:12:35 AM

It's mostly the quality. I would get the ASUS card, because it has some epic cooling and OCing abilities, and it has lots of video output options, and the MSI card does not. If you can't get the ASUS card, get the Gigabyte one.
m
0
l
February 28, 2014 4:15:10 AM

Jacob McIntosh said:
It's mostly the quality. I would get the ASUS card, because it has some epic cooling and OCing abilities, and it has lots of video output options, and the MSI card does not. If you can't get the ASUS card, get the Gigabyte one.


Thank you very much Jacob! Appreciate everyone's help! :D 
m
0
l
February 28, 2014 4:39:54 AM

Does the Asus GTX 750 TI card works with my EP45T-UD3LR motherboard?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
a b Î Nvidia
February 28, 2014 4:54:51 AM

Dean Wong said:
Does the Asus GTX 750 TI card works with my EP45T-UD3LR motherboard?


It should work with no issue. Just install it in the same slot, where your GTX 550 ti is installed now.

Just my opinion:

I wouldn't get the expensive card, the difference in terms of performance doesn't make up for the price.
m
0
l
February 28, 2014 6:35:30 AM

lostgamer_03 said:
Dean Wong said:
Does the Asus GTX 750 TI card works with my EP45T-UD3LR motherboard?


It should work with no issue. Just install it in the same slot, where your GTX 550 ti is installed now.

Just my opinion:

I wouldn't get the expensive card, the difference in terms of performance doesn't make up for the price.


Do you mean the 750 and 550 or between the 3 brands?
m
0
l
!