Solved

Updating ASUS H81M-C

I am sorry for this question but every forum seems to say something different so I thought I would ask here.

I have a new SSD coming for my PC and before I add it to my setup I want to know whether it is worth updating the Bios/Drivers? If so which are worth downloading and should I download all the say chipset drivers or just the most recent one? (And when do I download them all - after I install windows 7 on the SSD or before?)

I am not a gamer just Lightroom hobbiest but I do want to get my bugdet comp running the best it can.


https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H81MC/#support

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H81MC/#support

Thanks for your help
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about updating asus h81m
  1. Best answer
    that is a dependable question on your pc usage. Do you have any problem popping up while you are using your pc? If you are running everything good, then there is no need for you to update your bios. But it is always useful to keep a backup copy of your current bios version in flash drive or any safe storage media. You can download the latest version and store it flash drive, so you can use it before anything goes wrong with your pc.
    Stay with current version as long as you are running smoothly. Good luck :)
  2. Thanks for your reply. Not having any problems so will just leave it as it is.

    Would you advise the same for all the other drivers as well (chipset video etc) ?

    Thanks
  3. robashby said:
    Thanks for your reply. Not having any problems so will just leave it as it is.

    Would you advise the same for all the other drivers as well (chipset video etc) ?

    Thanks


    i would stay with the current drivers unless you feel any lags or freezing while using your pc. You can update to latest version, if you want but always remember to go with stable version of drivers released for your motherboard, avoid beta drivers.
    Glad i could be of some help to you :)
  4. brarboy said:
    robashby said:
    Thanks for your reply. Not having any problems so will just leave it as it is.

    Would you advise the same for all the other drivers as well (chipset video etc) ?

    Thanks


    i would stay with the current drivers unless you feel any lags or freezing while using your pc. You can update to latest version, if you want but always remember to go with stable version of drivers released for your motherboard, avoid beta drivers.
    Glad i could be of some help to you :)


    Great, thanks for your help.
  5. robashby said:
    brarboy said:
    robashby said:
    Thanks for your reply. Not having any problems so will just leave it as it is.

    Would you advise the same for all the other drivers as well (chipset video etc) ?

    Thanks


    i would stay with the current drivers unless you feel any lags or freezing while using your pc. You can update to latest version, if you want but always remember to go with stable version of drivers released for your motherboard, avoid beta drivers.
    Glad i could be of some help to you :)


    Great, thanks for your help.


    no problem mate :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Components Storage Drivers Windows 7 BIOS Motherboards Asus