Solved

Help budget gaming pc

Hey guys I'm looking to get/build a gaming pc. My budget is $300-400 I already have the os so no need for that. I'm looking to run decent games like fallout 3, state of decay, and dead island in moderate resolution.Any help well greatly appreciated :)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget gaming
  1. Here is something for your budget:

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD Athlon X4 750K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($79.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($57.78 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($92.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Sentey CS1-1398 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $395.69
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-01 05:24 EST-0500)
    Base Total: $453.71
    Mail-in Rebates: -$65.00
    Shipping: $6.98
    Total: $395.69
  2. Best answer
    A better CPU for gaming.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($100.00 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($39.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($92.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Sentey CS1-1398 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $397.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-01 06:59 EST-0500)
  3. Thanks a lot for your answers it helped me much gratitude :D
  4. StarBG said:
    A better CPU for gaming.

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($100.00 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($39.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($92.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Sentey CS1-1398 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $397.92
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-01 06:59 EST-0500)


    Anonymous said:
    Thanks a lot for your answers it helped me much gratitude :D


    The motherboard has old 760g chipset, which is not made for the new Piledriver/Vishera CPU's. The FX4300 will throttle or will not run properly. True chipset for Piledrive/Vishera CPU's are chipset 970 or 990.
  5. This mainboard seems good then?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($100.00 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Biostar TA970 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($92.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Sentey CS1-1398 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $402.93
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-02 13:46 EST-0500)
  6. StarBG said:
    This mainboard seems good then?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($100.00 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: Biostar TA970 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($54.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card ($92.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: Sentey CS1-1398 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $402.93
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-03-02 13:46 EST-0500)


    Yup, that will do
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Build Systems