Solved

Crazy screen tearing on Firefox

Happens when I'm scrolling up/down. Annoying as hell.

Specs:
Asus PB278Q 1440p monitor (Still happened when I was using a 1080p monitor)
R9 290. w/ Latest driver that enabled mantle.
i5 4570 + Z87 - A
Firefox latest version on the site. Only plug in is shock media player for youtube.

Any advice on how to fix this? :(
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about crazy screen tearing firefox
  1. I'd suggest,

    1) Make sure you have a 64bit Firefox

    2) Re-install Firefox. (I'd give Aurora a try, it's awesome.

    3) Make sure your screen res is set properly for your screen. (Right click desktop, then resolution.)

    4) Make sure your CCC settings aren't causing any conflicts such as resolution.
  2. veladem said:
    .


    -_-
  3. T4Gx said:
    veladem said:
    .


    -_-


    Whenever I'm on my tablet that happens, Sorry lol, post was updated bud.
  4. Best answer
    T4Gx said:
    Happens when I'm scrolling up/down. Annoying as hell.

    Specs:
    Asus PB278Q 1440p monitor (Still happened when I was using a 1080p monitor)
    R9 290. w/ Latest driver that enabled mantle.
    i5 4570 + Z87 - A
    Firefox latest version on the site. Only plug in is shock media player for youtube.

    Any advice on how to fix this? :(


    It's called "Smooth Scroll". Simply open Firefox, navigate to Tools>Options>Advanced>Untick Smooth Scroll. Click ok and it's all fixed =)

    Hope this helps.

    P.S. It's not your graphics card or any settings, I run an Nvidia card and get the same thing. My partners laptop and PC also does it. It just seems to be a weird Firefox issue.
  5. euphoria4949 said:
    T4Gx said:
    Happens when I'm scrolling up/down. Annoying as hell.

    Specs:
    Asus PB278Q 1440p monitor (Still happened when I was using a 1080p monitor)
    R9 290. w/ Latest driver that enabled mantle.
    i5 4570 + Z87 - A
    Firefox latest version on the site. Only plug in is shock media player for youtube.

    Any advice on how to fix this? :(


    It's called "Smooth Scroll". Simply open Firefox, navigate to Tools>Options>Advanced>Untick Smooth Scroll. Click ok and it's all fixed =)

    Hope this helps.

    P.S. It's not your graphics card or any settings, I run an Nvidia card and get the same thing. My partners laptop and PC also does it. It just seems to be a weird Firefox issue.


    Weird, I run a 7970 and smooth scrolling works just fine _-_ Good call if that works bro!
  6. Wow that smooth scrolling solve everything. And I gave Aurora a try, looks cool and works exactly like Firefox.

    Thank you both!
  7. T4Gx said:
    Wow that smooth scrolling solve everything. And I gave Aurora a try, looks cool and works exactly like Firefox.

    Thank you both!


    No problem, kinda weird that smooth scrolling works on my 7970 though xD
  8. Turning off smooth scrolling is NOT a fix. It's a bug with smooth scrolling. There shouldn't be any tearing using smooth scrolling. It's defect has been in bugzilla numerous times. Personally, I hate turning the option off as then text jumps multiple lines at a time making reading pages of text very difficult. Still looking for a real solution.
Ask a new question

Read More

Firefox Graphics