How do you hook up Bose speakers?

Ok, so i have a pair of Bose 301 series IIII and i would like to know what cords i need to purchase to get them working. I have very basic knowledge on speakers and how to use them but i do know that i need some sort of cord to hook these up. All i have are the two speakers and they work fine (as of last time i actually used them) until i moved and I lost the correct cords. I have the images attached to this forum post.

I dont have the owners manual and i would like to be able to use them on either a USB or headphone jack (i believe they sell transfer cords if i need).

1. what cord/cords are needed to hook these up to a computer or headphone jack
2. What are the specific names for the cords (correct terminology)
3.Where can i buy them and and estimated price


3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hook bose speakers
  1. You need an amplifier or receiver. you can't just hook them up to a PC as us.
  2. getochkn said:
    You need an amplifier or receiver. you can't just hook them up to a PC as us.

    Can you tell me in a basic manner how that works and what would need to be done? (sorry i dont know much about sound)
  3. Best answer
    You need an amplifier/integrated amp or receiver to power the speakers.

    To use the headphone jack, you will need a stereo mini plug to "Y" RCA left/right connectors to hook up into the amp or whatever is powering your speakers.

    If you want to use USB, you would a receiver or something that accepts USB to power the speakers.

    Then once your receiver(or whatever) is hooked up the computer, you need to run speaker wire from the receiver to your speakers.

    I don't know where you live but a place that sells audio, video and computer items will most likely have these items. Price wise, hard to say but shouldn't cost much for the cables and speaker cord.

    Be seeing you, the Prisoner...
Ask a new question

Read More

plug Speakers Headphones work hook jack in Bose Audio