Solved

what does Vertical Refresh Rate 50 - 76 Hz mean?

What does that mean? does that mean its a 76Hz monitor or 50Hz monitor? or does it mean the average between them which would be 63?

Can someone please tell me.

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/asus-vs278q-p/4507-3174_7-35488183.html

thats the link
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about vertical refresh rate
  1. Best answer
    You'll get similar FPS in games 60Hz=0~60FPS, 120Hz=0~120FPS 144Hz=0~144FPS!
  2. Ahmadjon said:
    You'll get similar FPS in games 60Hz=0~60FPS, 120Hz=0~120FPS 144Hz=0~144FPS!


    So when it says 50-76Hz it just means 50 is the lowest frame rate it dips down to and 76 being its peak?
  3. MetricXarrow said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    You'll get similar FPS in games 60Hz=0~60FPS, 120Hz=0~120FPS 144Hz=0~144FPS!


    So when it says 50-76Hz it just means 50 is the lowest frame rate it dips down to and 76 being its peak?


    Yes exactly but usually it's states at the highest Hz
  4. Ahmadjon said:
    MetricXarrow said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    You'll get similar FPS in games 60Hz=0~60FPS, 120Hz=0~120FPS 144Hz=0~144FPS!


    So when it says 50-76Hz it just means 50 is the lowest frame rate it dips down to and 76 being its peak?


    Yes exactly but usually it's states at the highest Hz


    states or stays?
  5. MetricXarrow said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    MetricXarrow said:
    Ahmadjon said:
    You'll get similar FPS in games 60Hz=0~60FPS, 120Hz=0~120FPS 144Hz=0~144FPS!


    So when it says 50-76Hz it just means 50 is the lowest frame rate it dips down to and 76 being its peak?


    Yes exactly but usually it's states at the highest Hz


    states or stays?


    Stays sorry, English is not my native language!
  6. This translates to Vertical Refresh Rate between the range of 50 hz and 76 hz depending on your monitor's resolution.

    On that particular monitor, the horizontal refresh rate has a range of 30 hz to 83 hz.

    I checked an amazon customer reviews and found one user was happy with this set up:

    Information
    * HDMI: 1
    * 1920 x 1080
    * 68 KHz, 60 Hz
    * VS278Q

    Basically he is using the recommended resolution, 1920 x 1080, and at that resolution the monitor supports the refresh rate of 60 Hz.

    On Windows 7 you can explore this yourself by right clicking a blank area of the desktop > Select Screen Resolution from menu > Right Click the first monitor (1) > Select Properties from menu > Select the "Monitor" tab > Notice the "Screen refresh rate" under Monitor Settings. This is what refresh rate your monitor is currently set at.
Ask a new question

Read More

Monitors Systems