£2000 Build Help!!!! First time Builder!

RichiePC

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
Hi Guys, I am looking to build a new PC and have currently created a parts list. My budget is around £2000 including peripherals and i am just going over but not sure how to cut cost.
here is the pcpartspicker list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/2WHcd

list:
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA ATX LGA1150 Motherboard )
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair 860W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27.0" Monitor
Keyboard: Razer DeathStalker Essential Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Razer Naga 2014 Left-Handed Edition Wired Laser Mouse
Thermal Compound: Noctua NT-H1 3.5g Thermal Paste

would really appreciate any advice and help for parts, also open to any changes. Also another concern is if all the parts will fit. first time builder and need help! thanks guys

zeph_yr

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
What are you going to be using this computer for?

Also, Razer doesn't have the best quality control, I've had a few of the peripherals die on me. There was a thread on this a couple weeks ago, I'll try to find it. I would recommend going with a more mainstream brand like Logitech or HP.

RichiePC

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014

Mainly gaming and light workstation use. yh ive heard a lot about razors unreliability. OK any recommendations for peripherals?

zeph_yr

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014

There are a couple things you can save money on:

An i7 isn't any better than an i5 for gaming.
16gb is also overkill, no game will use that much RAM. 8 will work.
An 860W power supply is a lot, unless you plan on getting another graphics card in the future, you could get away with something closer to 600.

With the money saved from the first two (and a little more), you could get a second 780ti and run them in SLI.

For the peripherals, I recommend this for the mouse, and this for the keyboard. I had a Razer Lycosa keyboard for two weeks before some of the keys stopped working, and I replaced it with an Apple wired keyboard. It's the complete opposite of the keyboards I recommended above, but it's an amazing piece of hardware. I'd look into those as well.