Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

new build opinion

Tags:
  • Build
  • Components
Last response: in Components
March 3, 2014 8:49:34 AM

I came here to ask for an opinion about the build i am making.What do you guys think?

Also, I have an ANTEC 300 already, do you guys know if the VGA will fit nicely?



INTEL CORE i5 4670K (3.4GHZ) SKT 1150* 212,90 € 212,90 €
ASUS Z87-A 125,50 € 125,50 €
GSKILL KIT 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ RIPJAW (CL9 - 1.5V) 71,90 € 71,90 €
SAMSUNG SSD 840 EVO 120GB SATA III 85,90 € 85,90 €
XFX PRO 650W XXX EDITION* 88,90 € 88,90 €
MSI R9 280X GAMING 3GB DDR5 PCI-E 279,90 € 279,90 €


thanks

More about : build opinion

March 3, 2014 8:56:32 AM

Have you got anything else to store data on? a 120GB SSD won't last as long as you might think without a backup 500gb/1tb HDD for mass-storage.
m
0
l
March 3, 2014 9:03:35 AM

Thanatognomonic said:
Have you got anything else to store data on? a 120GB SSD won't last as long as you might think without a backup 500gb/1tb HDD for mass-storage.


Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that, I have a 750Gb and 500Gb HDD's in witch I will storage all the stuff
m
0
l
Related resources
March 3, 2014 9:10:10 AM

MSI R9 280x is 10.6 Inches or 269mm, while the Antec 300 supports cards up to 11 inches or 279mm
m
0
l
March 3, 2014 9:14:30 AM

maurelie said:
MSI R9 280x is 10.6 Inches or 269mm, while the Antec 300 supports cards up to 11 inches or 279mm


Thanks for the info.

Now i will just wait for some opinions on the build itself, you have been very helpful
m
0
l

Best solution

March 3, 2014 9:17:04 AM

RCS5 said:
maurelie said:
MSI R9 280x is 10.6 Inches or 269mm, while the Antec 300 supports cards up to 11 inches or 279mm


Thanks for the info.

Now i will just wait for some opinions on the build itself, you have been very helpful


Also about the build, i wouldn't change anything, all is good to go.
Share
March 4, 2014 3:11:16 AM

I have a problem now, the MSI VGA has run out of stock, changing store would a bit of an annoyance, so I would like to know I I would loose much with one of theese three cards:
SAPPHIRE R9 280X VAPOR-X OC 3GB DDR5 PCI-E
SAPPHIRE R9 280X DUAL-X OC 3GB DDR5 PCI-E (BF4)
XFX 280X 3GB DDR5 PCI-E
m
0
l
March 4, 2014 3:20:41 AM

You will not loose, you will gain with the VaporX, it is a beast card. But then again if you don't have BF4, the Dual X comes with BF4, and that is nice. Although it will perform slightly worse than the VaporX and MSI, plus it doesn't cool the card as good as the VaporX and MSI.
m
0
l
March 4, 2014 3:24:30 AM

maurelie said:
You will not loose, you will gain with the VaporX, it is a beast card. But then again if you don't have BF4, the Dual X comes with BF4, and that is nice. Although it will perform slightly worse than the VaporX and MSI, plus it doesn't cool the card as good as the VaporX and MSI.


Yes, I dont have BF4, and It would the first game I buy.plus 276mm long in a case that can take a 279mm I guess It would be realy realy risky.
m
0
l
March 4, 2014 3:29:20 AM

You will need to cut through hard drive mount 3 and 4 to make space :)  Btw i think it will just fit. Do you have any friend with card that is almost same size so you can check how it fits, or measure it with ruler and see how it looks
m
0
l
March 4, 2014 3:56:36 AM

maurelie said:
You will need to cut through hard drive mount 3 and 4 to make space :)  Btw i think it will just fit. Do you have any friend with card that is almost same size so you can check how it fits, or measure it with ruler and see how it looks


I dont feel like damging the case to fit it, I have found someone here on the forums that have the same setup and asked.I will measure the case when i arrive home
m
0
l