Solved

Computer Turns On, Then Turns Off, Then Turns On Again??

Hi :)

I am little worried about this issue, when I turn on my computer it stays on for anywhere between 1 to 3 seconds, no longer, then it shuts off and then turns on again and after this it stays on, it doesn't shut down anymore at all. But I would really like to know what is causing it to turn on for a few seconds and then turn of again and then turn on again. If you have any ideas please share them, thanks :)
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about computer turns turns turns
  1. Best answer
    Does it beep? if so, how many time? what mother-bored do you have?
  2. Timworm Mrowmit said:
    Does it beep? if so, how many time? what mother-bored do you have?


    (Accidentally picked as solution)

    It doesn't beep at all and my motherboard is Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX AM3+, my PC is only a few days old too.
  3. Do the fans spin?

    Have you dropped it?
    Or taken it apart recently?
    I assume you mother-bored could be shot. as this happened to my old pc when i dropped a dvd-rw in it while it was on.
  4. Timworm Mrowmit said:
    Do the fans spin?

    Have you dropped it?
    Or taken it apart recently?
    I assume you mother-bored could be shot. as this happened to my old pc when i dropped a dvd-rw in it while it was on.


    Never dropped, never touched since first turned on, all fans spin, everything works perfectly, not even moved the slightest inch in the one week that I have had it. So I dunno what else it could be like :(
  5. Do the fans stay spinning while it resets or does it complete shutdown in between?
  6. Timworm Mrowmit said:
    Do the fans stay spinning while it resets or does it complete shutdown in between?


    It completely shuts down...
  7. I would defo suggest a mother-bored error, Try making sure all the power cables are plugged into it correctly.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Systems Shutdown