Jan 14, 2014
Hey folks.
Good day.
My latest build is.
Intel i3 3240
MB. Intel DH77EB.
Seagate 1 TB 64 MB 6 Gbps.
Kingston DDR3 4 Gb.

I want to install Windows XP 32 bit SP 2.
Can I run XP smoothly on this build, as I am used to run XP for many years n, U intalled Windows 7 ultimate but NOT comfortably running win 7.
Pls advise n help. I am a basic user who browse net n watch media.

Regards.

Solution
That motherboard has XP drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+7+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DH77EB.

Running XP, especially SP2 online is not very safe now. You'll be missing many security patches.
You should use Windows 7 and the new I.E. or other web browsers, it will run as smoothly and you will have a lot less worries about viruses and spyware. Not that you will be perfectly safe with Windows 7, that is up to you as to how you use the system, but with XP SP2 you won't even be able to install many of the latest programs and are also exposing yourself to many old attacks that only work on obsolete systems.

Dranwar

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
But I want XP. Can I install it on my build n run It smoothly, as I am not comfortable with win 7. Pls guide. If I can run xp without any problem, tgen I will definitely go for xp. Just help me keeping xp in mind.
Regards

That motherboard has XP drivers https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+7+Series+Chipset+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DH77EB.

Running XP, especially SP2 online is not very safe now. You'll be missing many security patches.
You should use Windows 7 and the new I.E. or other web browsers, it will run as smoothly and you will have a lot less worries about viruses and spyware. Not that you will be perfectly safe with Windows 7, that is up to you as to how you use the system, but with XP SP2 you won't even be able to install many of the latest programs and are also exposing yourself to many old attacks that only work on obsolete systems.

Solution